We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
New Chase Regular Saver 6.5%
Comments
-
Documents show 6.3% and 6.5% AER which would imply into the account to compound.
0 -
15 items in a weekly shop? Pay for each individually at self service. Though yes PITA. I used to use it before the change, but stopped.
0 -
Indeed, almost certainly, but it's implied. An AER does not show the actual interest paid, rather the notional interest rate IF the interest were to be reinvested and compounded for a year.
1 -
That's how I use these gift cards, too. I don't want to have odd amounts of money floating about.
0 -
It's probably what I'd do too if I only shopped once a week, but I go there daily after work as it's only 2 mins from home. It also coincides with the time of day that they reduce items.
0 -
That makes sense, different use case.
I just consider these outstanding gift card balances to be inherently insecure. But fully understand that if it's used with frequent, small, top-ups then it's a risk well managed.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

