We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pensions Dashboard

12467

Comments

  • hyubh
    hyubh Posts: 3,814 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Not really, a lot more members in scope = a lot more data to sort out and make available. Starting with just actives and deferreds was a pragmatic decision, potentially other groups might eventually be included too, though not for the first few years.

  • JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Just signed up to check mine. Since my only private pension is auto enrolled pension scheme

    I can see that there is SP due to me on 2054. I am not entirely sure that they should give state pension as monthly figure although I am pleased to note that they did make it clear that it is (before tax)

    However, my only DC pension scheme aka the GPP scheme does appear on the dashboard but under More information, action or decision needed. It did have my reference number on it so the dashboard can see it.

    instead it is asking me to contact the provider and give them my reference number. That I should tell them that I would like to resolve an issue with a pension on the MoneyHelper Pensions Dashboard. Which I won't do since I know I got it on the scheme website directly anyway and far too much hassles but at least I can see it on my dashboard even though it need to be actioned on eventually.

  • mrklaw
    mrklaw Posts: 397 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    is everyone just getting in? Yesterday mine said thanks for agreeing to the T&Cs we’ll be in touch

  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I got my welcome e-mail about 15 minutes after registering, but I must admit the promptness surprised me. I was expecting days.

    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 September at 8:43AM

    Does seem very confusing about what pensions will be shown on the dashboard and which ones won't. Is there no detailed help to explain what is and what isn't on the dashboard? And to explain what shows (or doesn't show) for full matches and possible matches.

    And if there are in practice no usable reference numbers (see WH69's post) for possible matches then if someone with a possible match contacts a scheme will they be able to tie up which record the possible match is with? Surely the scheme should be required to confirm to the enquirer that they have found the possible match (from the search number) and can confirm having obtained more details that it wasn't a real match (although they can't say any more than this due to data protection). Otherwise if someone approaches a scheme and says there is a possible match, and the scheme say can't find anything, the possible match will remain on the dashboard ad infinitum or until the real match contacts the scheme and gets reassigned.

    According to the pensions regulator, if you've gone for partial drawdown or used some of your pension to buy an annuity, then none of your remaining uncrystallised pension will be shown on the dashboard. But if you've just taken a UFPLS the remaining uncrystallised pension will be shown on the dashboard. And if you hold both DC and DB benefits, and have accessed either one of the benefits only, the other one you haven't accessed won't be shown.

    And it sounds like because of the way one log in works, executors or prospective executors won't have access to the dashboard. And no thought has been given as to how they might be given access in the future. And yet they might be one of the main groups who need to know what someone's pensions are, especially with the IHT changes coming up. In the past if an unknown pension turned up, after an estate had been distributed, it was simply a case of distributing the death benefits to the nominated beneficiaries but now that would mean potential IHT issues.

    I'm not underestimating the difficulty of all this but it does seem like a mess from what I read above.

    I came, I saw, I melted
  • jdl920p
    jdl920p Posts: 27 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    Tried this out and (mostly) worked for me. I already had a Gov.UK ONE account so registering was easy. Both of my DCs pensions are showing correctly along with SP. Civil Service pension missing, not hugely surprising given current issues with Capita

  • mrklaw
    mrklaw Posts: 397 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    OK i’m in.

    Missing my two SIPPs I set up - Fidelity and AJ Bell (AJ Bell recently but Fidelity has been there a while).

    my DB from aptia is showing no info but seems they need an illustration provided for that. its inactive

    My RL workplace shows a very wrong balance and it says it was last updated in September 2025.. not super useful if you’re approaching retirement but perhaps enough for occasional yearly checks? I have done a lot since then - heavy partial transfers into SIPP, opened two SIPPs etc.

    Is there supposed to be a ‘snapshot’ date or is it all up in the air at the moment?

  • spaniel101
    spaniel101 Posts: 254 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Neither of my deferred NHS Pensions are showing on the dashboard. However, I am not surprised. Seemingly they have recently undergone transfer to a new system (I guess the old system, archaic as it was, didn't have the capabilities for such modern necessities).

    Neither can I currently view my latest TRS on MyNHSPensions, having been informed on multiple occasions "we are working on it".

  • GenX0212
    GenX0212 Posts: 334 Forumite
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

    From an IT perspective the amount of data required to include pensions in payment would make zero practical difference and because they are already in payment the providers know all the necessary checks are already complete so no additional effort needed on their part. Even a very basic flag on the website just to say ‘pension in payment’ would be better than no detail at all.


    My DC pension has been accessed for UFPLS and isn’t shown. I haven’t yet made any commitment to take anything past January of next year so in my view it would be helpful to show all pensions.

  • StewedApple
    StewedApple Posts: 161 Forumite
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 24 September at 9:59AM

    I think your points are valid.

    The original idea was first touted in the early 2000s, and this project was initiated by George Osborne in 2017 with a mandate to be online by 2019.

    We're a decade on from that and it is now in a beta-test phase with read-only access i.e. no interaction with providers, and as you note no access for legitimate third-parties (such as executors) - who clearly are likely to need to be significant users.

    It's an essential first step, but my view is it's at least a decade late, and is clearly far-short of the sorts of functionality one might need.

    There is a balance to be struck between providing an overview of someone's pensions and duplicating the functionality of all the participants' own systems, but the needs of executors should certainly be taken into account.

    I'll be interested to see how they also propose to bridge the digital divide - people with low literacy levels or limited access to computing will be challenged to use this service and they may be in great need of it. There is a danger it becomes seen as the one-stop solution but for many there will be no way to use it.

    At the moment it does appear to be a mountain in labour but we'll see what develops.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.