We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Pensions Dashboard
Comments
-
Is there anyone here with an NHS pension showing on the dashboard? Mine's not showing there yet. Must be quite a few of those to process and link up to the Pensions Dashboard.
1 -
yes state pension! sorry to have caused confusion!!!
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅0 -
The 2022 Regulations allow trustees or managers of relevant occupational pension schemes to apply to defer connection of their scheme by up to 12 months if they can provide evidence to show that, before 9 August 2023:
- they had embarked on a programme to transfer the data held by the pension scheme to a new administrator; and / or
- they had entered into a contract containing an obligation to retender the administration of the scheme and the timetable for this is reasonable and conflicts with the connection deadline.
These are the only reasons that an application to defer connection can be made.
No expert but don't think Capita can defer in relation to the PCSPS?
I came, I saw, I melted0 -
Took about 10 mins to register and find values of all expected pensions, only to find the values were dated ''March 2025", and the value of my main, Vanguard, one was 1/2 what it should have been. (We're talking multiple £100K's missing.)
Not at all impressed with it.
Conjugating the verb 'to be":
-o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries1 -
It threw up two companies for me to contact. It gave website and email details and a reference number to quote. I know 100% I don't have any unknown pensions as I worked in local government and transferred all benefits to my next employer who I remained with until retirement.
It would be nice if some long lost relative has named me as a beneficiary and the trustees have been searching for me but my money is an an admin error.
2 -
My DB scheme administrator approached me and asked to trial it and give feedback to the organisers and I would receive a £10 voucher. I registered fairly quickly although the bit where you put your phone on your closed passport so it can read the chip was pure witchcraft!
It pulled my pensions up with old values from the last anniversary. The DB scheme didn’t have any values and it said to wait 10 days or so. I tried it several times but never got a DB value- just the DC ones! I gave the feedback but have never received the £10 voucher!! Perhaps they didn’t like my feedback!
1 -
This only founfd my state pension.
It didn’t find my uncrystallised pot with Hargreaves Lansdown.
It found nothing else, understandably, as everything else is in payment.
0 -
Mine wasn't bad. State Pension and one defined DB pension info. Reference to II which refers to a pension I set up and haven't funded and reference to two other pensions where there was an issue retrieving the data. Pretty certain that will likely be the two pension plans I hold with Aviva.
0 -
Actually thinking about it this seems a bit of a daft approach. If the Gov is forcing all pension providers to provide details then it is just as easy (in fact easier) for them to just list all members rather than just those still waiting to take their pension. Plus with the flexible options available these days you could have an ‘active’ pension which hasn't in fact been touched for a number of years.
0 -
There are two classes of member match, possible/partial and definite/full match. Schemes must choose the criteria for each, within a small set of data items. The rational for the two classes is that member details held by a scheme might be, to use a technical term, rubbish or at least out of date, especially for members who have been deferred/inactive for many years; however, if so, that shouldn't prevent the dashboard user from ever finding their pensions. Since showing actual pension details with just a possible match would be extremely 'off', the process is instead for the dashboard to report administrator contact details and a member/policy reference to quote - i.e. exactly what you experienced.
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




