We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Multiple card transactions in Google Pay
Hi
I'm trying to make multiple card transactions within google pay and while going through the biometric authentication the card changes to my default card. Can anyone explain why this is?
Many thanks
Comments
-
Do you mean Google Wallet? If I understand you correctly, then IMO it's not surprising that it gets back to the default card for every new transaction.
You can easily temporarily change the default card if needed.
1 -
Cheers that's what I did to get round the problem but the correct card was showing on screen as I pushed the phone towards the card reader. It then switched at the left second back to the default.
0 -
I've had the same in stores and it's cost me a few pence in lost cashback.
I now make it default every time. Pain, but hey ho
1 -
Cheers for that much appreciated.
1 -
I've just been hit by a related bug. I made a contactless Google Wallet transaction for ~£30 and it arbitrarily used a card that wasn't my default card.
It's actually a real pain, the card used was my Barclaycard which has a 0% balance offer on it. Now I need to make sure I understand the T&Cs to make sure I pay enough to avoid interest on the whole amount.
It's not a card that I would have used recently in Wallet (because of the 0% offer) so definitely a bit random. I'll remove from Wallet for now.
I’m a Forum Senior Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards, Savings & Investments, Budgeting & Bank Accounts, and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


