We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Virgin Money / Bank Statements
My Virgin Money Bank Current Account statement has simply not appeared this mornth (covering August). Now even at the best of times this bank seem unable to provide a monthly bank statement on the same date each month, it often varies between 1st - 6th of the month.
But this month its now the 15th September and still absolutely nothing. I contacted them on X and got a vague reply. By phone just told literally nothing.
Am I the only one? Obviously this is the month I need it for a different application, the one and only time it doesn't appear.
Comments
-
I got the email that mine was available at 8:00 this morning. Normally the emails are between the 11th and 14th, so only a day late for me.
Eco Miser
Saving money for well over half a century1 -
Appreciate you letting me know. Looks like its just me!
0 -
It happened to me a few years ago, the August statement was missing. I have no idea why.
You can generate a statement on the online banking. Though the formatting is different from the usual one.
1 -
Did it ever actully appear? Because I need the actual statement itself. Called Virgin and it was like pulling teeth. How can a statement simply not appear; they have no answer of course
0 -
No, it never appeared. Each statement has a sequential statement number, and that number was skipped, which suggests that the system probably generated the statement but never sent it to my online banking inbox.
I just checked that I made a transaction on 31 August last month. A statement is normally produced on the first of the month, but I have not received anything so far.
If I were in your position and urgently needed a statement, I would request an extra copy. It costs £5 per statement for customers who have opted for paper statements. I would also lodge a complaint and ask for the fee to be waived, as this was their fault.
2 -
I would like like to say thank you for taking the time to respond with such detail, and for even checking that your statement has not appeared for August this year also. Thank you - very much appreciate honestly.
1 -
Slightly off topic, but I've been seeking a "Statement of Credit Interest Paid" for a Virgin Regular Saver Exclusive account which matured in July 2025. Despite several requests they have not manage to produce this (nothing first request, sent for wrong account second request). I have a note of the interest paid, just hope HMRC don't choose to do a detailed audit on me this time.
I’m a Forum Senior Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards, Savings & Investments, Budgeting & Bank Accounts, and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.1 -
Sorry no idea on that one. All I know is 17 days into September, still no statement in Virgin Money App or online still for August. Called and told one cannot be issued as this one is not generated. Around and around in circles. Literally how basic can it be to provide a bank statement properly. Never in my life have I seen such incompetence. I dont think its an app issue because no email received this month either.
0 -
Just an update: My online statement dated 1 September has arrived. It was unusually late.
0 -
Cheers for that update. Still waiting mine! Did you get an email? And was it today. Sorry to badger!
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
