We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Home improvements translating into value?
Comments
-
Peopke did ask.
They asked if you were wanting to improve the value of the house to flip it for a quick profit or whether it was your family homeI doubt there are many Glasgow estate agents on this forum so you are asking people who have no knowledge of the area, which you did not divulge.
If you are not getting the answers you want then you are free to move on.2 -
I answered people who asked those questions, and others, and I welcome their more informed answers.
0 -
Maybe trolling is an exaggeration but I expected people not to just state the obvious - especially when you can see others have said the same things. Yes, I'm asking for free advice. Just as people are allowed to give me irrelevant answers, I'm allowed to comment on their answers.
0 -
Why don't you ask a local estate agent? There are not many posters here from north of the border and doubtful if any with knowledge of the Glasgow property scene
If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales4 -
I could do. I thought it might be worth a shot asking here.
0 -
I'm from the greater Glasgow area, and areas with good schools and transport links to the city centre are everywhere.
I also know that the desirability of a property can vary wildly between postcodes and even streets. Like where Springburn becomes Bishopbriggs.
Without providing more information than is wise to share on a public forum, we can only guess.5 -
Yes, you've guessed one town that actually borders Glasgow, has good schools and has a sub 10 min commute to the city centre. I only know of a few and the others would be Bearsden and Lenzie which, for the purposes of this enquiry, are similar in terms of property market competition. Springburn is an area of Glasgow. Bishopbriggs is a town bordering Glasgow.
0 -
you don’t get to decide who answers or not on a public forum. Maybe you should realise that?
You should definitely get an estate agent to do the selling - your rude attitude could well put buyers off 😉5 -
Can you quote this alleged rude attitude and where I've implied I get to choose who replies?
0 -
You replied to 3 posters in a row with:
"Thanks for your reply but my post was specifically asking about adding value. I'm already aware it's my house and I can do what I want. I don't need advice on what I want."
To me, the tone came off a bit rude even without the repetition. People were giving you valid advise, and you dismissed it because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.9
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
