We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Time sensitive appeal - please help

124

Comments

  • Car1980
    Car1980 Posts: 3,604 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    The entrance signage is parallel to the road and can only be seen by those turning left into the car park.

    The code of practice states "The size and positioning of the sign must take into account the expected speed and direction of travel of vehicles approaching the entrance and must be visible (i.e. not be obscured e.g. by foliage or other objects). The design of entrance signs must comply with the requirements detailed at Annex A."

  • MrJenkinsEsq
    MrJenkinsEsq Posts: 247 Forumite
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    @casinolady apologies, not sure how I missed that! I called it and it causes more head scratching. I might dig into further but it's probably not helpful in this case whatever the result.

    I'm a random person on the internet. I hold no legal qualifications and nothing I say is advice.

  • casinolady
    casinolady Posts: 25 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    If you do manage to dig further and find anything useful, I would appreciate it. I have been trying to search threads when I get chance (family issues taking priority at the mo) to see if there's anything that'd be helpful to add to the first appeal template but am overwhelmed with info and a zillion tabs open 😬

  • ChirpyChicken
    ChirpyChicken Posts: 3,616 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Sorry but your overthinking all of this

    Its only group nexus. This shouldnt take time up like this.

    IMHO it's far easier to deal with court stage as its a simple copy paste operation.

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,699 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Yes I agree.

    Stop overthinking and - regardless of signs - just use the words I wrote already!

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • casinolady
    casinolady Posts: 25 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Thank you.

    Now the box on the appeal form isn't allowing the full text of my appeal - any advice?

    (Re overthinking - really struggle with this. Is due to my autism and ADHD 😬)

  • ChirpyChicken
    ChirpyChicken Posts: 3,616 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 24 August at 4:11PM

    send it as a pdf attachment

  • casinolady
    casinolady Posts: 25 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Lodged appeal Mon 25th. Emailed 2 contacts connected with land management. Got this reply yesterday - I don't know what they mean by "parking account manager" in their email.

    Do you have any advice how to respond?

    I'm guessing parking operator is Group Nexu. I was careful not to name the driver in my emails to site management but I'm reluctant to pass on my details - other than those I provided in the appeal.

    "Please can you provide details of your Visit_ so that can liaise further with the parking operator.

    Please can you also confirm that I may forward your email and contact details onto the parking account manager so that they can revert back to you on the signage points you have raised"

    28014.jpg

    Also received this reminder today which I guess I ignore

    28015.jpg 28016.jpg
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,138 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Workman LLP seem to be the managing agents for that site , so will have a parking account manager that Liases with Group Nexus over the parking

    So put your complaint about the visit to them , with a copy of the pcn letter

    This would be the plan A in the newbies sticky thread in announcements near the top of the forum

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.