We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
EES role out
Comments
-
When I said much the same (either higher in this thread or one of the other EES threads), I was roundly pooh-poohed and indicated that I was being a silly little boy. Anyway, I want my holiday to be as simple and hassle-free as it can be so any system, regardless of why, that seems to suggest more hassle and inconvenience I will tend to steer clear from.
This year's holiday is off to Jersey…
Possibly also a later trip to Morocco…
1 -
The system is as hassle free and simple as it was previously, if the airports and ports provide the staff. Inadequate staff numbers, whatever the system, you will get queues.
1 -
We flew back from Paris (Beauvais) last month, there were two planes departing French airspace but only one queue to get to the part of the terminal so everyone was in it. The earlier plane was going to Morocco whilst ours was obviously going back to UK 30 mins later.
Because everyone had been told to arrive earlier the queue was quite long and mainly with returning English. Several French groups were trying to get to the plane for Morocco but had to join the same queue and whilst the did not need the new checks they were held up by those of us who did, not sure if they all got on their plane or not.
Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy1 -
That does not mean the system has been introduced to punish British travellers.
2 -
We are not being singled out for punishment by the EU following Brexit - we are no longer an EU member (self inflicted) so we have joined all those other countries that have to follow EES regulations to enter such countries.
Why should we qualify for special treatment ?
The system is not working, however that's a separate issue.
3 -
I have recently entered the EU at Amsterdam Schipol and allowed plenty of time. The queue was not huge, and after about 30 mins was even smaller than usual and no extra machines were in use. It was very quick.
On return both Helsinki and Schipol had no machines in use, so I have still not tried them out!
0 -
As said previously there are going to be wide variations in travellers experiences of arriving and departing across a spectrum of airports due to their size and volume of foot traffic etc. especially at peak times.
Mrs.NDM had a relatively smooth transition through Malaga late April, plenty of EES registration kiosks in operation, however I suspect that will not be the case in high season unfortunately.
I now have an Irish passport and the passport control officer at AGP indicated she could accompany me, as immediate family, through the EU lane in future - fingers crossed that theory translates into practice.
0 -
Although strangely in France UK passport holders were singled out to queue, everyone else (not just EU passengers) were allowed to go straight through to the front.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.1 -
Always useful to check the arrivals board on the day you are going a few weeks out, example I am off to Seville in exactly 2 weeks so I have checked the arrivals board for non-EU flights today as it is also a Wednesday today:
1440 Istanbul SAW
1620 Birmingham,BHX
1655 London LTN (my flight)
1900 London LHR
Based on the above I would be a bit upset if I was hours getting into Spain. Especially given we are sat at the front of the plane (but then getting a bus on landing can often negate that)
1 -
As I said - it varies greatly.
How busy is Seville airport in respect of non EU incoming flights as compared to other major Spanish airports ?
Malaga, for example, has a bunch of arriving UK flights on a Thursday across a narrow timespan - that's when long delays are likely.
Seems to be TUI's busy day and time slots.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

