We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Parking fine in England from a Private company
Comments
-
Why were you there then?
Dropping something to a resident or what? Trespassing because you couldn't see anywhere to park on-street?
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD3 -
Went into the shop, there is no on street parking.
Went into the shop, there is no on-street parking.
1 -
Would it be possible to get a closer picture of the sign?
I'm a random person on the internet. I hold no legal qualifications and nothing I say is advice.
4 -
-
Thanks, also amusing. No parking on paved areas at a location where everything is paved.
I'm a random person on the internet. I hold no legal qualifications and nothing I say is advice.
5 -
Are any of the bays marked or is it just continuous block paving with no lines or breaks of any kind?
I'm a random person on the internet. I hold no legal qualifications and nothing I say is advice.
4 -
No idea why a driver would have parked there! Even if it was dark, it's clearly a private estate residence with a parking firm. Terrible parking decision, IMHO.
But two wrongs don't make a right. Bet there was no windscreen PCN despite the photos being taken by someone on site, on foot.
Wait and see if a claim arrives then defend.
No CCJ is risked by a defendant as long as you follow all court directions.
But never use (abuse) private land like that.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD5 -
-
Was on a camera, from across the street from what I remember. Also the claim already has arrived?
0 -
Permit-only signage makes no offer to a driver without a permit, so there's nothing to accept and no contract. Any claim would have to be in trespass, which needs a possessory interest and actual loss, and there's no loss here. And if they argue the sign does offer parking to the public, it requires parking wholly within a marked bay while banning parking on paved areas. There are no bay markings (that I can see, could be wrong) and the site is entirely paved, so it permits parking nowhere.
I'm a random person on the internet. I hold no legal qualifications and nothing I say is advice.
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



