We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Parking fine in England from a Private company
So I have just received this letter from a private parking company. Have received multiple letters from a debt company (TRACE) before which I have ignored but now I have received this from a legal firm. I need advice on what to do next.
Do I now just pay it and give in. I don't want a CCJ against me.
Comments
-
Don’t pay it
It’s not a fine
You won’t get a CCJ
Have a read of the “Newbies” thread which will assist you.
Also search for Moorside threads. There are plenty.
3 -
Yes but Moorside are from the same group as Trace so you were always going to get this. It's not an unexpected letter from 'a legal firm'! It's still Trace.
Obviously you aren't paying nor are you risking a CCJ. You will never get a CCJ by following our advice.
Read some Moorside threads and wait for the second letter (Letter of Claim, they always send two versions) then send the reply provided in post 2 of the Newbies thread.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD3 -
So what do I do now and who do I need to email because ive read that and I don't understand it.
0 -
I already signposted you and told you not to reply to this one. I told you it's the first of two.
You cannot have followed my advice and searched for - and read - other Moorside threads since I replied. Slow down.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2 -
I've posted about it on reddit and many people are saying its not worth the risk and I should just pay up.
0 -
Those people on reddit are completely wrong, we know what we are talking about
there are people on here who dealing with parking tickets for a full time living
It always amazes me that those who dont handle pcns on a daily basis seem to think they know what they talking about, they dont
6 -
LOL - people on Reddit! Haha. Clueless. They even think it's a real fine.
How many of them have handled millions of parking case queries for some 17years, and appeared in court to defend them. I have.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD8 -
Does it matter that I have not responded to them at all? Is it worth looking at what evidence they have against me?
0 -
No and no.
Do nothing. Read other Moorside threads & reply only when you get the LoC.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2 -
When I get the letter will there be an email or something to respond to on there?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


