We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Turning Straw into Gold: Creating Long Term Security & A Solid Home
Comments
-
Thank you, @ellenvan, @southern_chick, @in_need_of_direction.
I think they are just wanting to keep staff, as she'd have probably thought I'd start looking elsewhere if I was having to pay for training myself. We have had people leave due to that sort of stuff before.
I'm really glad I don't have to throw my emergency fund at it or get into more debt. I think I am going to prioritise getting a mattress for my bed next as I am still on the futon on the floor.
Updated last day of the month… reducing debt and improving wealth…
Mortgage: starting at -£222,469 (Jan 26) now at -£219,670 (Oct 26)
Postgrad Loan: starting at -£8,974 (Jan 26) now at -£7,100 (Oct 26)
Personal Loan: starting at -£11,466 (Jan 26) now at -£9,200 (Oct 26)
Emergency Fund: starting at £5,511 (Jan 26) now at £2,600 (Oct 26)
Jan 27 Tax Fund: £2,750 / £3,298 (Oct)
Net Debt: starting at -£203,926 (Sep 26) now at -£202,930 (Oct 26)
3 -
I popped to the supermarket on the way home to get a hair product I had run out of and got a few yellow sticker things. Fridge raiders, bacon, apple slices, various bread things, cheese.
Celebratory bacon roll at 8pm.
Updated last day of the month… reducing debt and improving wealth…
Mortgage: starting at -£222,469 (Jan 26) now at -£219,670 (Oct 26)
Postgrad Loan: starting at -£8,974 (Jan 26) now at -£7,100 (Oct 26)
Personal Loan: starting at -£11,466 (Jan 26) now at -£9,200 (Oct 26)
Emergency Fund: starting at £5,511 (Jan 26) now at £2,600 (Oct 26)
Jan 27 Tax Fund: £2,750 / £3,298 (Oct)
Net Debt: starting at -£203,926 (Sep 26) now at -£202,930 (Oct 26)
3 -
Brilliant news on the funding! 👌🙌🥳
'Happiness is not a destination but the journey you walk every day'
GC - October: £39.94/£350
Debt neutral fund - 3/45
'It's the small compromises you keep making over time that start to add up and get you to a place you don't want to be'2 -
Thanks @leftatthetrafficlights
I appreciate all of the people on here - we are really living through the highs and lows together 😂
Updated last day of the month… reducing debt and improving wealth…
Mortgage: starting at -£222,469 (Jan 26) now at -£219,670 (Oct 26)
Postgrad Loan: starting at -£8,974 (Jan 26) now at -£7,100 (Oct 26)
Personal Loan: starting at -£11,466 (Jan 26) now at -£9,200 (Oct 26)
Emergency Fund: starting at £5,511 (Jan 26) now at £2,600 (Oct 26)
Jan 27 Tax Fund: £2,750 / £3,298 (Oct)
Net Debt: starting at -£203,926 (Sep 26) now at -£202,930 (Oct 26)
4 -
Fantastic news on the training!
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee1 -
Thanks jwil 😁
Haven't had much time to stop and think, as it's been another week of working flat out every minute. One of the projects I manage has ended, which is nice not to be juggling that too, but I am still doing the work of several other people as 2 were due back now but have extended their absences again. It's annoying (not at them) but I had looked forward to a bit of breathing space to catch up or even get ahead on my own work. They really do need to sort it so that people want to come back to work - it's annoying me to watch, especially as they won't give me a role where I could have any influence on fixing things. Money-wise I haven't spent much as there hasn't been time. Decided to cash in my investments of £300 and put them into my tax account, along with a £70 refund that I am getting from something else. That means I'll just be a few hundred short of the tax amount and can add to that gradually before January, so I don't have to be doing loads of self-employed work as I am not currently well able to have the capacity. It will be another stay-at-home no spend weekend though.
Updated last day of the month… reducing debt and improving wealth…
Mortgage: starting at -£222,469 (Jan 26) now at -£219,670 (Oct 26)
Postgrad Loan: starting at -£8,974 (Jan 26) now at -£7,100 (Oct 26)
Personal Loan: starting at -£11,466 (Jan 26) now at -£9,200 (Oct 26)
Emergency Fund: starting at £5,511 (Jan 26) now at £2,600 (Oct 26)
Jan 27 Tax Fund: £2,750 / £3,298 (Oct)
Net Debt: starting at -£203,926 (Sep 26) now at -£202,930 (Oct 26)
5 -
Today there is lots to do and I am very tempted to get some snacks delivered. But I will not! I have set myself a rule that if I am to have snacks, I must walk somewhere to buy them (a money saving plan because I mostly can't be bothered to walk anywhere, and if I do the exercise will do me good).
I am making roasted sweet potatoes for lunch, inside a pitta with ranch sauce.
I have sent £13 to my student loan to make it back to a round number and that will be going below the next thousand within the next 2 months, as will my personal loan.
Updated last day of the month… reducing debt and improving wealth…
Mortgage: starting at -£222,469 (Jan 26) now at -£219,670 (Oct 26)
Postgrad Loan: starting at -£8,974 (Jan 26) now at -£7,100 (Oct 26)
Personal Loan: starting at -£11,466 (Jan 26) now at -£9,200 (Oct 26)
Emergency Fund: starting at £5,511 (Jan 26) now at £2,600 (Oct 26)
Jan 27 Tax Fund: £2,750 / £3,298 (Oct)
Net Debt: starting at -£203,926 (Sep 26) now at -£202,930 (Oct 26)
5 -
I actually really enjoyed my simple meal of roasted sweet potatoes and a toasted sliced up pitta. Both of them were yellow sticker items, which were less than 50p each, so the entire meal was less than 30p.
I am trying to have a read of a free book on Borrow Box but my concentration isn't good today, so I have started watching some youtube videos instead about minimalism and living on a low income.
Updated last day of the month… reducing debt and improving wealth…
Mortgage: starting at -£222,469 (Jan 26) now at -£219,670 (Oct 26)
Postgrad Loan: starting at -£8,974 (Jan 26) now at -£7,100 (Oct 26)
Personal Loan: starting at -£11,466 (Jan 26) now at -£9,200 (Oct 26)
Emergency Fund: starting at £5,511 (Jan 26) now at £2,600 (Oct 26)
Jan 27 Tax Fund: £2,750 / £3,298 (Oct)
Net Debt: starting at -£203,926 (Sep 26) now at -£202,930 (Oct 26)
4 -
Hello and happy Sunday. Today will be a small spend day, as I have got some stuff to pick up from the supermarket later on from Too Good to Go. I thought this might be interesting to see what I get on a Sunday, I have got a couple of grocery bags and bakery items. That should keep me going for a week.
Today's cheap meal is a jacket potato (yellow sticker) and I will do another to take to work tomorrow. Having it with a little tin of beans that's been in the cupboard forever and some grated cheese.
I've spent so much time with my head in work I almost signed this off with "kind regards".
Anyway, kind regards.
Updated last day of the month… reducing debt and improving wealth…
Mortgage: starting at -£222,469 (Jan 26) now at -£219,670 (Oct 26)
Postgrad Loan: starting at -£8,974 (Jan 26) now at -£7,100 (Oct 26)
Personal Loan: starting at -£11,466 (Jan 26) now at -£9,200 (Oct 26)
Emergency Fund: starting at £5,511 (Jan 26) now at £2,600 (Oct 26)
Jan 27 Tax Fund: £2,750 / £3,298 (Oct)
Net Debt: starting at -£203,926 (Sep 26) now at -£202,930 (Oct 26)
8 -
I have made a deal with myself that today must be spent productively, whether that's getting some of the work done that I need to do (there's a big list) or I can otherwise do work for the house, e.g. putting laundry away or cleaning. If I really don't want to do those things I can read a book as a back up, but not just idling around listlessly because I'm tired, as it's not restful and will make me feel worse and things will pile up more. I've sorted the bins and done a bit of washing up, put some clothes in the washing machine etc. It's time to get a work task ticked off - I am allowing 1 hour max and setting a timer. I've got 2 liters of water. It's a binaural beats job this one and at least I can't spend money whilst occupied! 😁
Updated last day of the month… reducing debt and improving wealth…
Mortgage: starting at -£222,469 (Jan 26) now at -£219,670 (Oct 26)
Postgrad Loan: starting at -£8,974 (Jan 26) now at -£7,100 (Oct 26)
Personal Loan: starting at -£11,466 (Jan 26) now at -£9,200 (Oct 26)
Emergency Fund: starting at £5,511 (Jan 26) now at £2,600 (Oct 26)
Jan 27 Tax Fund: £2,750 / £3,298 (Oct)
Net Debt: starting at -£203,926 (Sep 26) now at -£202,930 (Oct 26)
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards