We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Newish car with wrong number plates

1235»

Comments

  • facade
    facade Posts: 8,193
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    plumb1_2 said:


    So we went out in my vehicle today, which I do know the registration. Didn’t check the rear lights as there was no white painted wall behind me, but gave a tyre a good kick, all fine. Off we go.
    I'd try and stop doing this. I wonder if the pain that I get in my right ankle now comes from many years of kicking tyres to check if they have enough pressure.

    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

    (except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • Grey_Critic
    Grey_Critic Posts: 1,853
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was once despatched up the M6 to swop the number plates of a new XR3 with another. Did it on a slip road off the M6 - Two vehicles in Pre Delivery and they mixed up the vejhicles. Only came to light when someone checked the VINs and found they did not match the job cards.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.