We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
Comments
-
I would love to see a picture of the lovely front door once it is fitted. It sounds beautiful.
Tip rum done yesterday so downstairs looks beautiful again. Still some cupboards and floor scrubbing to go but I have pulled my shoulder which happens occasionally so sadly need to rest it! 🤣 I think I might be playing with my new aret kit again whilst it heals. 😊
GC 2022 = £3154.96 , 2023 = £3334. 841
2024 = £.3221.81 , 2025 = £3974.24 . 2026 £ 2295.02/£3500, September £198.90/£150
Decluttering campaign. 2026. 42/74 storage places, book cases, drawers cupboards and sheds. Also tidying / clearing front and back gardens , giving bathroom and kitchen a bit of a spruce up. Me🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐⭐ ⭐DH🏅🏅🏅
Make £600 in 2026 = £726. 79
NSD in M = 18, J = 15, J = 15 September 7/1514 -
Not much recently from me. I did hoover and clean out the car.
Normal stuff used up and disposed of.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x13 -
daisy_1571 - my new jug - it is Heron Cross pottery. Not such a good photo in situ.
19 -
Thats a really pretty pattern florenceem
22: 3🏅 4⭐ 23: 5🏅 6 ⭐ 24 1🏅 2⭐ 25 🏅 🥈2⭐ 26 🥈 Never save something for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. The diff between what you were yesterday and what you'll be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If youre not already using a thing you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney The barrier standing between you & what youre truly capable of isnt lack of info, ideas or techniques. The secret is 'do it'13 -
- Daily To Do List - written the night before
- Sort out sleep patterns - initial targets: bed by 03:00, up by 10:30
- Don’t put it down, put it away + deal with mini tasks as soon as they are noticed e.g. refill olive pourer or salt cellar, stitch up a hole in a garment etc.
- Commence ‘Operation Financial Frog Tickling’ using the acronym - I.R.I.S. (Identify, Research, Implement, Sign Off) - One per quarter
- Continue to keep kitchen clean & tidy - before going to bed
- Plan & Execute ONE Major Project - 2026 New Bathroom
- Target 2026 items out
Wednesday is quite a dull day with a forecast high of 15°C (feeling 1°cooler due to E wind) & a low of 6°C Also forecast is a sunny afternoon 🤞 First load o washing is in. DSis has just had a phone call from her DS in France. Not sure if I mentioned that he passed his driving test 🥳 well today he is picking up the car he has bought. His paternal aunt, her husband & one son are visiting him next month but staying in town rather than in his flat as it only has 2 bedrooms. The HH waste wheelie bin has been emptied & I am saving a few pennies as when I went to put a new bin liner in, the old one was still there 🙂
Nice to see you Liverpool_Anne 👋 Nothing wrong with “plodding along” as more often than not a lot gets done 😊 Excellent work getting the ironing done 👏 Fingers crossed your team has been doing well 🤞 A very restrained commentary on the situation in the middle east & I can only join you in your despair 😢 The world has gone mad 😔 Sounds like you had a great time at the Philharmonic ☺️vulpix, I think it was me that misunderstood, as come to think of it you had mentioned the carpet in one of your previous posts & how difficult it was to get downstairs 😓 Very pleased to hear that the oak door will soon have a new lease of life as a front door door rather than an indoor decoration 🙊 apologies for being so silly 😜 Hopefully the “bag of gubbins” will be useful - more decluttering 🤞Good luck designing your front garden 🍀 a welcome break from lugging around furniture & decorating 🙏
Florenceem, a busy morning 👏 you put me to shame with how much you get done 🙁 Fingers crossed the gas men aren’t outside your house for too long 🤞I am also hoping that someone at the SA is considerate enough to bring you a meal from lunch club 🙏
Lovely cheerleading post daisy_1571 ☺️
Soontobeoap sorry to hear about the “pulled shoulder” 😞 Please rest & relax & make sure you are fully fit 🙏 remember the TLC Carriage is always open 😊
Willowtree222, great work keeping up with the day to day decluttering 👏 & well done on valeting your car 👏
Florenceem, I agree with daisy - a really pretty pattern & I like the colours 😊
The first load of washing has finished. Prior to hanging it out, I filled a bowl with warm soapy water & washed my whirligig from top to bottom (I don’t have a cover) The first load is now pegged out & the 2nd load is in the wm. I hope everyone is lucky enough to have a dry day 🤞See you later 👋
MrsSD Awards: 💐 🙏💐💐🌟⭐️❤️💐💐
DH Awards: 🏅🏅
DSis Awards:
Decluttering Target 2026: 426/2026
1p Savings Challenge Running Total: £73.00
Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. ⭐️2026 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £373.16
Jan £5.00 Feb £12.75 Mch £23.25 Apr £32.00 May £42.16 Jun £49.95 July £61.50 Aug £71.00 Sep £75.55 Oct £ Nov £ Dec £ Grand Total £16 -
I emptied the bins and used up some cleaning things before blitzing the bathroom.
Binned some items that are no longer needed so did actually manage some decluttering today, which has been lacking recently.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x17 -
The jug is very pretty florenceem
Decluttering campaign 2023
2 🏅🏅 +1 ⭐️ +1🌟
Decluttering campaign 2024
2 🏅🏅 + 1⭐
Decluttering campaign 2025
🏅
Decluttering campaign 2026
+1⭐13 -
Well i come home from work to 3 loads of washing being done, although I did get a message whilst at work from OH asking how to use the washing powder as hes used to Pods 🤦♀️😂😂
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100019 -
DD was cupboard surfing and came across something. I investigated and found a number of out of date items. All of which have now been removed from the cupboard. Today has been better than expected for decluttering.
September 2017 Debt = £25330
Starting afresh.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x16 -
I am still going through stuff from the office.
I have found a Premium Savings Bond slip for £2 with 2 numbers on it. I looked on the website but it wants the holder's number which I don't have. I think it may have been Mil's bonds.
Decluttered today - plastic cover x 2, paperclip, folder of peel offs, baking tin x 2, cardboard box, water filter cartridge, OOD food, bottle of alcohol, diary x 8, ribbons, beer mat, plastic bag, laminated cards, pencil sharpener, plastic parker pen case, memory stick, pen x 2, packet of peel offs.
18
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




