We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
The Old Regular Savers Discussion Thread 28/12/24-29/1/26
Comments
-
Mine were spread over a week. They could probably have paid me 15% interest on my six month regular savers if they went paperless!ForumUser7 said:
17 letters from Principality in one day? Wow...mhoc said:In todays post now forming a formidable compost heap on my desk
- 5 maturity letters from Coventry building society - I thought that there were just 3 accounts maturing ...
And 17 letters from Principality!
A job for another day!I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?0 -
BoS RS
Tried opening this account without a BoS current account. It suggested logging in with Lloyds or Halifax details would help, but both logins failed. Tried opening as a new customer, got to the end only to have a 'something went wrong ' message. So have opened a current account. Suspect I need to wait for the activation code for online access to arrive in the post to open the RS account.
2 -
Not quite, but say 6 2nd class letters per account (at business rate) call it £5 on top of the £26 return. Can't be assed working out the %age but it's a chunk.surreysaver said:
Mine were spread over a week. They could probably have paid me 15% interest on my six month regular savers if they went paperless!ForumUser7 said:
17 letters from Principality in one day? Wow...mhoc said:In todays post now forming a formidable compost heap on my desk
- 5 maturity letters from Coventry building society - I thought that there were just 3 accounts maturing ...
And 17 letters from Principality!
A job for another day!3 -
This was my experience too. In fairness they do say you need a Bank of Scotland account for the Monthly Saver. Technically a Halifax account IS a BoS account but it's not worth the bother having an argument about it.Dugal said:BoS RS
Tried opening this account without a BoS current account. It suggested logging in with Lloyds or Halifax details would help, but both logins failed. Tried opening as a new customer, got to the end only to have a 'something went wrong ' message. So have opened a current account. Suspect I need to wait for the activation code for online access to arrive in the post to open the RS account.0 -
I received 5 from Principality today, all saying something that I already know. I wish they (and others for that matter) didn't use window envelopes, takes time to separate plastic from paper - nobody wants plastic in their compost.mhoc said:In todays post now forming a formidable compost heap on my desk
- 5 maturity letters from Coventry building society - I thought that there were just 3 accounts maturing ...
And 17 letters from Principality!
A job for another day!5 -
Principality and Coventry are probably the worst for wasting money on unnecessary postagesurreysaver said:
Mine were spread over a week. They could probably have paid me 15% interest on my six month regular savers if they went paperless!ForumUser7 said:
17 letters from Principality in one day? Wow...mhoc said:In todays post now forming a formidable compost heap on my desk
- 5 maturity letters from Coventry building society - I thought that there were just 3 accounts maturing ...
And 17 letters from Principality!
A job for another day!
5 -
We have people that do that for us.....they're called the local council recycling centre.allegro120 said:
I received 5 from Principality today, all saying something that I already know. I wish they (and others for that matter) didn't use window envelopes, takes time to separate plastic from paper - nobody wants plastic in their compost.mhoc said:In todays post now forming a formidable compost heap on my desk
- 5 maturity letters from Coventry building society - I thought that there were just 3 accounts maturing ...
And 17 letters from Principality!
A job for another day!2 -
I can't imagine a recycling centre assisting me with feeding my compost heap.subjecttocontract said:
We have people that do that for us.....they're called the local council recycling centre.allegro120 said:
I received 5 from Principality today, all saying something that I already know. I wish they (and others for that matter) didn't use window envelopes, takes time to separate plastic from paper - nobody wants plastic in their compost.mhoc said:In todays post now forming a formidable compost heap on my desk
- 5 maturity letters from Coventry building society - I thought that there were just 3 accounts maturing ...
And 17 letters from Principality!
A job for another day!0 -
Yes - same happened to me before having CA, but with other LBG CAs... Further after applying for CA and despite CS saying that now I had CA, could apply for RS online, without logging on, it failed. I had a lot of failure with BoS, but it worked out in the end and CS were very good for me.Dugal said:BoS RS
Tried opening this account without a BoS current account. It suggested logging in with Lloyds or Halifax details would help, but both logins failed. Tried opening as a new customer, got to the end only to have a 'something went wrong ' message. So have opened a current account. Suspect I need to wait for the activation code for online access to arrive in the post to open the RS account.
1 -
As members of these societies can we raise the issue of paper free and postage cost ? Perhaps suggest an incentive or even a special paper free bonus digital RS account as a reward instead of branch based or post code restricted and also agree to accepting marketing from the organisation directly, if that's a key must have for the BS and why they offer branch based and post code restricted or any other restricted RS account.allegro120 said:
I received 5 from Principality today, all saying something that I already know. I wish they (and others for that matter) didn't use window envelopes, takes time to separate plastic from paper - nobody wants plastic in their compost.mhoc said:In todays post now forming a formidable compost heap on my desk
- 5 maturity letters from Coventry building society - I thought that there were just 3 accounts maturing ...
And 17 letters from Principality!
A job for another day!
3
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

