We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
All change for 2025
Comments
-
I finished week 1 of c25k last week, little miss enjoyed doing it on the way to school. We’ve done lots of walking this weekend but that doesn’t count though its really nice to see how my fitness has improved through the general walking that I’ve been doing. I’ll need to make the effort to do it this week as the kids are off. I’m only working 2 days which is nice.I need to update the spending spreadsheet with this weekend’s spends but don’t think we went too spendy, it was mostly food.I’m another year wiser so we are going out to dinner tonight. I’ve been well and truly spoiled and have a nice stash of big river vouchers to treat myself. I’ve also got a little pile of books to read too and some photo storage boxes I’ve been wanting for ages but couldn’t bring myself to spend money on, so I can finally finish organising my photos!"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee10
-
Happy Birthday!!Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 20282 -
Happy birthday. Glad you've had a lovely break and a nice day. Hope the meal was lovely tooJan 18 Joint debts 35,213
Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k
June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
DH debts ?? at a guess £15k2 -
Happy birthday xxSealed pot challenge 822
Jan - £176.66 :j2 -
Belated Happy Birthday, glad you enjoyed your weekend away and upgrade too2
-
Hope you had a lovely birthday.2
-
Happy belated birthday Jwil, hope you had a lovely meal xx2
-
Happy belated birthday 🎂I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪2
-
Happy belated birthday @jwilDebt Free: 6th November 2025!! 🥳
Mortgage (MFD 06/2045) (Jan 25) £238,983.71. Current: £225,000. Remortgage due July 2031. 19 years remaining.
Emergency funds and sinking funds (£5,100)
Credit Union Savings (£300)
Pension - paying in 19% (emp contribution included)
DFW Diary: Spendy Wendy to Saver Savvy — MoneySavingExpert Forum2 -
Happy belated birthday - sounds like a great weekend.My mortgage free diary: +++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++
GNU Mr Redo1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



