We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Did I really need to buy deer food?! My 'concentrating on saving' diary

1235»

Comments

  • Had a good month so far (unlikely to be able to add any more before the end of October so posting now 😉), managed to save £302.99 🙌 I definitely won't be able to repeat that figure next month so I'm pleased to have a decent start! 
    'Happiness is not a destination but the journey you walk every day'

    GC - September- £61.23/£350

    Debt neutral fund - 2/45

    'It's the small compromises you keep making over time that start to add up and get you to a place you don't want to be'

  • leftatthetrafficlights
    leftatthetrafficlights Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 24 November 2025 at 3:40PM
    Forgot about a payment I had coming in so moved over to the JSF 😁

    £502.99/£2000
    'Happiness is not a destination but the journey you walk every day'

    GC - September- £61.23/£350

    Debt neutral fund - 2/45

    'It's the small compromises you keep making over time that start to add up and get you to a place you don't want to be'

  • I've got the savings to where I wanted them now and am saving for my debt neutral fund 😁 

    I am happy with building the DNF - if I don't use them for the very old debts then at least the money will be available should I need other things or just as savings for a rainy day 🙌
    'Happiness is not a destination but the journey you walk every day'

    GC - September- £61.23/£350

    Debt neutral fund - 2/45

    'It's the small compromises you keep making over time that start to add up and get you to a place you don't want to be'

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.