🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

KENT RELIANCE EXPERIENCES

Options
Hi, 
I'm looking at moving my savings to Kent Reliance from Santander as they are reducing there interest rate significantly.
I have heard of Kent Reliance before but have always used high street banks.
Has anybody any experience of having a savings account with Kent Reliance good or bad??

Comments

• sparklymarkly
    sparklymarkly Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I opened a fixed rate ISA with them a couple of years ago as the rate was very good.
    No issues at all so when it matured after a year, they were still offering a good rate so I had no hesitation in reinvesting with them again.
    Their website isn’t the best but other than that, all good.
  • Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 2,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.
    Moved isa to them, well I did they did not.
    They blamed the other bank, and Vice versa.
    Took near on 3 months to sort and a formal complaint to financial ombudsman.
    Got a good payout B)

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,332 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good interest rates , luckily I'm near an actual branch otherwise it's not the quickest to move money out of or close accounts 
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • EthicsGradient
    EthicsGradient Posts: 936 Forumite
    Options
    I just had a 1 year fixed term account with them - no problems. They sent post detailing options for continuing with them, or not, a couple of weeks before the end, and also did that online; the money was paid into my current account the day after the fixed term ended. If you do close your only account with them, the online access also goes away automatically, so get a copy of a statement before you do, or hang on to the post that says how much interest you were due.
  • poseidon1
    poseidon1 Posts: 201 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have used them extensively since 2014 for instant access and notice savings accounts.

No complaints about their service or the decent rates, but do think its about time they had a mobile app to run along side their traditional desktop Web based login. 

Sorry can't speak to their ISA offering, but their sister bank ( Charter Savings Bank ) have a great mix and match fixed interest/ instant access isas which I do utilise. 
  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I have had accounts with them in and off over the years when they had market leading rates, mainly fir Regular Saver accounts. I also have an ISA with them for the current year. Superb experience with an ISA transfer from Santander to KRBS - the money got transferred on the day of maturity 👍

The KRBS website is very basic, and AFAIK, withdrawals are only processed on the next working day. Which is way too slow for my liking, and there are much better alternatives IMO. But if you don’t have access to such other alternatives, KRBS is worth considering.

• ToastLady
    ToastLady Posts: 327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had no problem at all with them for a fixed bond. As mentioned above though, they did close online access as soon as my bond had matured and was transferred, as it was the only thing I had with them. I would use them again though. 
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had accounts with them for years with no problems.
  • southone
    southone Posts: 168 Forumite
    edited 14 May at 8:26PM
    Options
    I have accounts with them from about 2007 with no problems too, they have branches in south and i had accounts at Littlehampton branch and moved online some years later
  • Malchester
    Malchester Posts: 885 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 May at 8:45PM
    Options
    I have only an experience of incompetence with Kent Reliance. Decided to move the funds in my easy access ISA with them into a fixed rate ISA with them. The system wouldn't let me transfer everything so had to leave £1 in the easy access ISA and requested them to transfer it and close the account by secure message. This is what happened.

1. 3 days after sending the request they replied saying account would be closed and funds transferred in 2 to 3 working days. 5 days later nothing.

2. Sent another message requesting same. Same reply 3 days later with same result.

3. . Sent a 3rd message requesting same. Same reply 3 days later with same result.

4. Rang customer services requesting account closure and transfer of funds. Response was no problem will do. Nothing happened

5. Rang again and agent promised would all be sorted by end of business that day. Nothing happened.

6. Rang again next day, spoke to supervisor who said he guaranteed it would be done done by end of that business day. Needless to say nothing happened.

7. Next day emailed CEO. Within 2 hours had call with apologies. Promised to sort it out. Said it was a technical issue with IT which no-one thought to tell me.

As a result they have allowed me to transfer fixed rate ISA elsewhere with no penalty.

Would you believe that despite having the promise of not enforcing the interest penalty on transfer THEY TRANSFERRED THE FUNDS AND Took THE PENALTY OFF. This bank are an absolute joke. Avoid at all costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure