Kybotech Ltd

Options

Comments

• Jonny_B_3
    Jonny_B_3 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Quite. All his other identical posts have been deleted I see. ;)
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am I the only one that finds it strange that a company like Kybotech needs to constantly appear on MSE and defend themselves? Strange as in distasteful and wondering what these individuals that run these companies feel that they need to put forward their point of view on every detail. It makes me wonder why they need to spend so long on various forums and not diverting that energy to customer services.

No company will ever satisfy 100% of customers. Having one bad review isn't a big deal. Amazon gets slated and I still order from them. BT and Sky always get slated and yet I am a subscriber to both.

But when a small company like Kybotech react in such a manner it puts me off buying from them because of their time spent on here.
    The man without a signature.
  • Eydon
    Eydon Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So how quickly do Kybotech refund money once a customer orders?

In my case, only after I issued a claim via Money Claim Online - then it got processed PDQ.
  • Eydon
    Options
    I believe DFS only have two sales a year. The New Year Sale which lasts from January to June and the Summer Sale, which starts in July and finished on New Years Eve

Not quite true. They do only have two "Sales" a year. Everything else is described as an "Event" if you listen closely to the ads ;)
  • Eydon
    Options
    vikingaero wrote: »
    No company will ever satisfy 100% of customers. Having one bad review isn't a big deal. Amazon gets slated and I still order from them. BT and Sky always get slated and yet I am a subscriber to both.

Totally agree. It is unreasonable (in my opinion) to expect a company to get things right all the time. What matters to me is how they go about putting things right again when they do make mistakes.

Kybotech could learn very valuable lessons from companies like Amazon when it comes to dealing with refunds. I've just had to send a video camera back because the included software wasn't compatible with my PC. No messing around. DHL came and picked it up (at Amazon's expense) on Tuesday, and I've just had an email from Amazon today telling me that the refund has been processed. That is customer service.
  • Kybotech
    Kybotech Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    we come onto the forum and defend ourselves because we care about what people think about our company, we like to give people a balanced view as the posts are one sided and you only hear the side of the customer and not that of the company.
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    At least whilst someone posts under the name of the company, you can be almost certain that the poster is that company and know where they stand.

An alternative that some seem to take is to post how great the company is under an unrelated brand new username; though this is usually rather transparent and tends to have the opposite effect to that the company wanted.
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • Daniel_Brown_3
    Options
    Jonny_B wrote: »
    Quite. All his other identical posts have been deleted I see. ;)

So, you can't defend any companies even when they came up to your expectations. Does it not mean that you are capable of writing negative reviews only. You have still not answered my question 'What do you do for your living'. Can you guarantee that you & your organization have 100% satisfied internal & external customers?????;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jonny_B wrote: »
    I'm having exactly the same problem with something I have ordered.........

I may cancel and order from Waltons instead. Says 5 days delivery on there. I'll ring to check first this time...........

Unfortunately Jonny, Waltons/Walton Garden Buildings is the same company as Kybotech - pity their webmiester didn't inform you.

Early on in the thread it was stated - by Kybotech:

Waltons sheds are in fact manufactured by Waltons Garden buildings who used to be one of our suppliers. We no longer sell Walton branded products but spares can be purchased directly from the manufacturer.

However, some useful info:

KYBOTECH IS ONE OF THE ‘HOT 100’ FASTEST GROWING ENTREPRENEURIAL COMPANIES

Real Business Magazine has put Kybotech in its list of the top 100 fastest growing entrepreneurial businesses for 2008

[ClickPress, Fri Apr 11 2008] A handsome turnover last year has meant Kybotech Ltd, a leading online retailer in the home and leisure sector, is proud to announce its inclusion in Real Business Magazines accredited ‘Hot 100’ Fastest Growing Entrepreneurial Companies for 2008. This comes as Kybotech declared incremental 59% growth since 2004.

The report, conducted in association with LDC, a private equity company, and Lloyds TSB, identifies those companies excelling in the current UK economy providing a rather healthier outlook than the imminent credit crunch would have us believe. The report further outlines entrepreneur’s ability to capitalise on emerging markets, exploit new technologies and deliver low priced products to consumers. Kybotech stands a key exponent of these attributes; widely sourcing raw materials to find a price that appeases the consumer and business, demonstrating competent online capabilities including cutting edge image prototyping for an enhanced shopping experience and the exploration of multiple niche markets from garden furniture to fitness equipment.

These sentiments are echoed by founder and Managing Director, Charles Walton, who back in 2000, set the Kybotech success story in motion with what is fast becoming a franchise of over 10 websites. Championing the ideal of self-sufficiency he says:

“If you’re organised, having your processes in-house helps you retain control and keep costs down. If you make savings here, you can pass them on to your customer – which makes your offering more attractive to them.”

By 2004 the company was recording a turnover of £6.4 million as they embarked on launching new websites, acquiring new suppliers and delving into new markets. 2007 brought in revenue of £24.5 million as Kybotech, not ones to rest on their laurels, looks to invest heavily into expanding its production facilities.

Kybotech currently operate from offices and production facilities tucked away in the East Midlands country side. Although the company has been established as an online retailer since 2000 Charles Walton and family have a long standing tradition in the manufacture and sale of garden buildings nationwide. Kybotech is the proprietor of the following websites dedicated to providing affordable, well designed lifestyle solutions making life just that little bit more enjoyable for all the family:

The same Walton from Waltons Garden Buildings/Waltons Ltd.
    Same company - same postcode!
    Same waffle from Kybotech about being independent - Waltons Sheds are the same as BillyOh Sheds!

Still the same amount of so-called sales throughout the year, every year.

Still the same claim that they have a 97% customer satisfaction record - tripe.

No customer comment shown on ANY of their sites are less than 4 stars. The majority are 5 stars. It is just rubbish.

Vikingaero stated: No company will ever satisfy 100% of customers. Having one bad review isn't a big deal. Amazon gets slated and I still order from them. BT and Sky always get slated and yet I am a subscriber to both.

Maybe you can afford to waste your money, but i'm pretty sure the majority of people with an issue to settle wouldn't just roll over and accept it as you seem to do. I too use these companies and if they don't come up to scratch, i complain.

When you spend somewhere in the region of £850 on a 12 ft by 10 ft wooden shed from a company called Kybotech and you are not happy .... not just a £10 paperback book you see.

Over to you Kybotech Webmeister................... Please, just plain facts no smoke-screens.
  • Kybotech
    Kybotech Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Kybotech and Waltons Garden Buildings are not the same company, they did used to be one of our suppliers but are not anymore (as previously stated), the postcode may be the same as they are located in the same village as kybotech.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure