IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Horizon Parking - Tesco. Appeal?

Options
2»

Comments

• VXman
    VXman Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

By reading the NEWBIES thread where I explain the POFA & link you to a thread of NTK pictures.  I assume you didn't read that far yet?  So simple!  Fully explained with pics.

I did read the NEWBIES thread but I have to say there is is heck of a lot of info there and personally I didn't find it the simplest to understand but I shall give it another go.
  • VXman
    Options
    Ah well - no need now. I emailed  CEO of Tesco (ken.murphy@uk.tesco.com) and one of his minions has agreed to tell Horizon to cancel the charge.

Dear Mr *******
    Thanks for getting in touch.
    I was sorry to learn that you had received a parking charge notice for parking outwith the alloted parking spaces in our carpark. I can only imagine how frustrating and disappointing this must have been for you to receive this.
    There are 12 signs in total at the entrance and throughout the carpark advising the terms and conditions of use of the carpark. I am sorry that these were not clear to you when you have been visiting the store.
    As a gesture of goodwill, and as a one off to say sorry for your poor experience. I will now contact Horizon Parking and ask them to cancel the parking charge notice you were issued with. As the maintenance work will be ongoing for several more weeks, I would advise you to ensure that your vehicle is parked within the boundaries of the parking space to prevent this from happening again.

Kind regards

Fiona Kitching

I don't agree with the 12 signs. I saw 2. There may be more signs telling you to look for other signs.
    I am disappointed they haven't said that the store will stop people parking here with barriers or a temporary sign as I fear many others will pay up.

But hey, at least I don't have to decide whether to fight this or not.

Thanks for comments and info. I have learned though this process. I did pay up £40 a few years ago as I thought it was a fair cop when I parked for 5 hours while attending a theatre nearby a Tesco. That was when I thought Supermarkets had unlimited free parking. I have learned a few things now.

Another learning point. I have a motorhome and when on trips we often park in supermarkets outside of lines as we don't fit. Something to think about in the future.

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good news. However, do go to the Horizon website, logging in as if to pay the charge (obvs don't pay!), to check the current status of the charge. We've seen cases where the cancellation message from the retailer to the PPC doesn't get through/actioned.  Give it a few days before pressing any alarm button. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • VXman
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Good news. However, do go to the Horizon website, logging in as if to pay the charge (obvs don't pay!), to check the current status of the charge. We've seen cases where the cancellation message from the retailer to the PPC doesn't get through/actioned.  Give it a few days before pressing any alarm button. 
    Thanks - just done that and cancellation confirmed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure