Last minute.com have cancelled our flights and we cannot speak to anyone!

Options
We had flights booked from LDN-Boston, this flies out NEXT WEEK! We booked via last minute.com. 

We had a notification that the inbound flight had been cancelled, so we spent ages looking a new flight which cost us more money while they sorted the refund. 

We’ve just gone to add a bag to our outbound flight which is with Jet Blue and they said we don’t have a flight?! 

Last minute.com have completely randomly cancelled our places on the Jet Blue flight and it looks like that is what they refunded us for which is a partial refund as the flight is still scheduled! We did not cancel any places on flights. They are being absolutely impossible on Live Chat when this is completely their mistake and now we don’t have an outbound flight at all??? Someone has literally clicked the wrong buttons and it’s costing us money. Does anyone have a clue how we can get in touch?? 

Thank you 

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Presumably you paid by card: I suggest you contact your card provider. If you paid by credit card you might be protected up to the cost of alternative flights.

• Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    What does the Lastminute email say regarding the cancellation and more importantly the amount refunded ?

Did you actually check the booking reference with JetBlue was still valid for the outbound flight after the communication from Lastminute ?

PS. LDN airport is in Nepal.

• heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 April at 1:31PM
    Options
    What do they state as the reason?
    Have you checked JetBlue to see if the flight is definitely still running?
    Seems odd it would be a partial refund.

As a side note, this is why I never ever use a third party. You have to deal with them instead of the airline and issues like this happen.
    Always book direct, even if more expensive. It isn't worth the savings.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 April at 2:42PM
    Options
    We need more information. Was your booking for outward and return flights with JetBlue? What did the email say regarding the flight cancellation? What action did you take at that point? 

Usually an airline will offer an alternative when a flight is cancelled. And if there no suitable alternative a refund, of either the cancelled flight, or the whole reservation.

Because the booking was via an agent you do need to deal with the agent for schedule changes. Could there have been some mixup in communication with LM about what you wanted to cancel and refund?
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,536 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want a Jetblue flight use the Jetblue website.  It makes no sense to use an agent that takes payment before booking the flights.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback