What is on your bucket list

Options
I am 64
Probably retired very shortly.....

Just interested in what others would put on a bucket list (to get a few ideas)

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,066 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Northern lights just ticked...
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,603 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My bucket list had to cross the Atlantic on the QE2 then return on Concorde. Never did, never will now. Better update my list while I'm still here!  ;)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• stuhse
    stuhse Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For me its about lots of things that can be done relatively cheaply. Before retirement there was no time. Scotland is absolutely stunning if you can time your trip for good weather.  Once retired i can watch the forecast and jump in the car.

Explore Scotland, especially the West coast..... Arisaig---google images this place...i want to sea kayak here it looks amazing.
    The Wainwrights lake district walks
    wainwrights coast to coast...it goes past our house and ive never done it !
    Walk the Yorkshire 3 peaks
    Explore my local footpaths...start from my home and radiate outwards.
    More/longer ski holidays- money saved by more considired choosing ...perhaps driving and staying further from the slopes.

More cycling/mountain biking

More swimming...maybe outdoor

The northern lights

Camper van trip of europe

Bigger trips- funds and health permitting

Norwegein fjords

Iceland

Canada

• SouthCoastBoy
    SouthCoastBoy Posts: 824 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not so much a bucket list but things I want to do in retirement

The big item, is to spend more time in Australia, I plan to spend 2 or 3 winters there before I get too old, living life by the sea, going to the beach and surfing. I always wanted to emigrate, but never did as my wife wanted to stay near her family, so i'm determined to spend some extended time there before i pop off.

Other things I want to do are:-
    Swim in every lido in the UK (this project is currently underway)
    spend some time in the lakes walking
    play a lot more time practicing and playing golf (ambition is to get a single figure handicap)
    learn to play bridge

It's just my opinion and not advice.
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,484 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You've reminded me that I need some new targets. My last target was to find a geocache in every county in the United Kingdom.  Ticked that off pre-covid....  Love travel but not fussed about going to Australia.  NZ and Fiji ticked off some time ago.  Canada perhaps?  Not USA.  Dalmatian coast will be ticked off on a holiday booked for 2026.  LOADS of West Coast Scotland islands still to explore... yes, maybe that's where I need to concentrate my thoughts.... Rhum, Eigg, Canna and Muck. Tiree, Harris, Lewis, Uists....  Oh no!  Just realised that St Kilda is a definite on my list... time to get planning...
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • Organgrinder
    Organgrinder Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. learn to speak welsh fluently
    2. go on a cruise
    3. tour of south east asia
    4. climb alpe d'huez on a bike
    5. rio (specifically christ the redeemer)
    6. finally learn guitar properly
    7. tour europe by train

And now I'm struggling!

• sgx2000
    sgx2000 Posts: 399 Forumite
    Options
    Bloody hell.  There appears to be a lot of very fit people on the forum.......

Unfortunately i cant walk very far (dodgy knee replacement)......
    As soon as i retire my very first thing will be to try and build as much knee muscle as i can....

Not bucket list...
    But i have to rip out the bathroom and install new.....
    Then
    Rip out the kitchen and install new one......

Bloody hell i am tired just typing it.....

I really dont know what my bucket list will contain yet..
    Hense the post looking for inspiration...
  • Confusedlad
    Confusedlad Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    After 2 knee op's in 2 years - different knees! - most recent in Feb24, I'm looking forward to walking without pain for the first time in 3 years and hope the 3 (Yorkshire) peaks will be viable this summer (not consecutively).  

Then to be able to swim 100 lengths of my local pool again before the end of the year.

Both look a long way off just now, but I have targets to aim for and incentives to keep pushing the daily physio and exercises.

Too much sport in my first 30 years has come back to haunt me big time - whatever you decide to do, don't put it off....
  • sgx2000
    sgx2000 Posts: 399 Forumite
    Options
    After 2 knee op's in 2 years - different knees! - most recent in Feb24, I'm looking forward to walking without pain for the first time in 3 years and hope the 3 (Yorkshire) peaks will be viable this summer (not consecutively).  

Then to be able to swim 100 lengths of my local pool again before the end of the year.

Both look a long way off just now, but I have targets to aim for and incentives to keep pushing the daily physio and exercises.

Too much sport in my first 30 years has come back to haunt me big time - whatever you decide to do, don't put it off....
    The knees is something i totally understand.

I had 3 ops on my knee.  The final one being a full replacement.....
    That was 3 years ago....
    Still use a stick...
    Furthest i can walk is about 1.5 miles.....
    The pain is less, but not gone....

This is one of the 1st things i will do in retirement..... trying to build more muscle to xupport the knee more
    Probably easier to do when you are not worrying about overdoing it and not being able to work the next day....

Now there is a real bucket list challenge....

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback