We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nationwide Fairer Share Payment 2024

Options

Comments

• Dewpoint
    Dewpoint Posts: 148 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Nationwide’s Board will decide on whether we can make a payment for 2024. That will depend on how well we have performed financially. The Board will make that assessment – and confirm this year’s eligibility criteria - after the financial year ends in April.

Look out for an announcement on 23 May 2024.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/about-us/fairer-share/

Notified today: 23/5/24.
    £100 coming to those eligible.

I've been a NW account holder since the mid-90's and always had great service from them. So I don't understand why people scramble for banking bribes and all the hassle it entails, when you can have the best of both worlds from Nationwide.😀👍
  • TheElectricCow
    TheElectricCow Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ah good to see I'm still one of Nationwide's most highly valued members despite having done nothing but extract money from them over the past two years

Dewpoint said: So I don't understand why people scramble for banking bribes and all the hassle it entails, when you can have the best of both worlds from Nationwide.😀👍
    No reason someone couldn't have both, this is MSE after all ;)
    Moo…
  • Lightning360
    Lightning360 Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dewpoint said:

Nationwide’s Board will decide on whether we can make a payment for 2024. That will depend on how well we have performed financially. The Board will make that assessment – and confirm this year’s eligibility criteria - after the financial year ends in April.

Look out for an announcement on 23 May 2024.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/about-us/fairer-share/

Notified today: 23/5/24.
    £100 coming to those eligible.

I've been a NW account holder since the mid-90's and always had great service from them. So I don't understand why people scramble for banking bribes and all the hassle it entails, when you can have the best of both worlds from Nationwide.😀👍
    Because switching isn't really a hassle and Nationwide is one of the 2 banks/building societies I've actually had a problem with
  • subjecttocontract
    subjecttocontract Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Zanderman said:
    There's also this bond:
    Nationwide is launching a highly competitive Member Exclusive Bond offering a rate of 5.5 per cent AER/gross (fixed) for 18 months and available to all 16 million existing members. Max deposit 10k .
    And also a switch offer:

For existing members (as at 31 March) who currently do not use Nationwide for their everyday banking, Nationwide is offering a £200 Member Exclusive Current Account Online Switch Offer.

The Member Exclusive Bond looks a good place to deposit £10K. Can't beat that 5.5% offer anywhere else.
  • GalacticaActual
    GalacticaActual Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just checked the Nationwide app and the £100 from us to you message appeared.
    When I tapped on Find out more, it opened a webpage* to confirm I am eligible 😊

• steven141
    steven141 Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Same here I’m eligible as well for £100. 
  • Bazzalona13295
    Bazzalona13295 Posts: 844 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You can check if you'll be getting the payment if you use the chat in online banking. I've just done so and once again I've qualified for the £100 for having money in a regular saver with them (8% this time) and regularly bouncing money through my Nationwide current account on its way to other regular savers. 
    Same here, made sure I was filtering money in and out, so hopefully I'll be ok.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 May at 9:09AM
    Options
    I've met the criteria this time, unlike last, but I'm not getting a message in the app! 

Edit: I just checked on the chat and I'm eligible. Very straightforward it was pre-populated and confirmed in a few clicks. 
  • boingy
    boingy Posts: 1,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dewpoint said:

. So I don't understand why people scramble for banking bribes and all the hassle it entails, 
    Because switching earned me £2000 in 2023 with just a bit of time and no hassle at all. That's 20 years of Fairer Share payments and you can do the Fairer Share payments too. At least Nationwide seem to have kept the criteria the same this year. I half-expected them to tweak the rules just because they could.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure