Sky Price Increases April 2024

Options
Peppa537
Peppa537 Posts: 236 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Just to let everyone know this year's Sky Price Increases are now showing on your future bills. My April bill has Signature going up by £2.50 a month and Ultimate TV Add On by £1 Especially worth noting these for anyone negotiating with them now as your bill will increase in April. My HD and UHD is free so no increase showing for this and I don't have Sports or Cinema so not sure if these are going up or not. Of course the increases could be random for each customer depending what packages you have. 

Comments

• GibbsRule_No3.
    GibbsRule_No3. Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I had a phone call from them. My package is not increasing until next year, bit of a surprise. They said it was due to me having the old Sky box, my dish is a communal one, so unless the HA put a new one in I cannot have Sky Q, not sure I need it anyway, only me watching. Last year I did cancel but after a couple of months they called and offered a deal, it included full sports package, that I’d been paying Now TV for just football and I halved my cost. So I’m happy as I expected to pay more for the sport at least. When asked if there was anything else they could help me with, after they offered a Cinema package, that I did not want, I enquired about TNT (get it through my EE sim at present, so only on phone or iPad) but that would have been full price from Sky, so thanked them and left things as they are.
    Paddle No 21:wave:
  • mattsonthebeach
    Options
    I had a phone call from them. My package is not increasing until next year, bit of a surprise. They said it was due to me having the old Sky box, my dish is a communal one, so unless the HA put a new one in I cannot have Sky Q, not sure I need it anyway, only me watching. Last year I did cancel but after a couple of months they called and offered a deal, it included full sports package, that I’d been paying Now TV for just football and I halved my cost. So I’m happy as I expected to pay more for the sport at least. When asked if there was anything else they could help me with, after they offered a Cinema package, that I did not want, I enquired about TNT (get it through my EE sim at present, so only on phone or iPad) but that would have been full price from Sky, so thanked them and left things as they are.
    Large screen should now be included through the Discovery App. I was paying extra until they were re-branded to TNT Sports

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Overall they are looking for an extra £5.50.pm
    My Sports package is going up £3 ! Full price is only going up £1 ,but they have reduced the in contract discount from £7pm down to £5pm. Not sure if that's correct tho'.
    Surely if I'm in an 18 month deal , the discounts should remain the same in ££ even if the base price increases?
  • GibbsRule_No3.
    Options
    Large screen should now be included through the Discovery App. I was paying extra until they were re-branded to TNT Sports

Thank you for this info, just tried it and you are so right. It is letting me watch the live cricket being played now (not that I want to) on my tv. Next time Spurs are on TNT I will be able to watch full screen, so long as it is not a Saturday lunchtime game.  Even more glad I did not take up Sky’s price.
    Paddle No 21:wave:
  • Chrisandbev
    Options
    My Sports package is going up £3 ! Full price is only going up £1 ,but they have reduced the in contract discount from £7pm down to £5pm. Not sure if that's correct tho'.
    Surely if I'm in an 18 month deal , the discounts should remain the same in ££ even if the base price increases?
    I contacted Sky and challenged them on this.
    After a long time reiterating that they could not change my discounts as they form part of my contract they backed down 
    They could not reinstate the £7 in contract discount but instead discounted further my UHD and also added £20 credit to my bill so I'm not out of pocket.
    It seems underhand what they have done, however you should be able to get that £2 per month back if you get in touch and fight your corner.
    Your price increase should only be £3.50 pm
  • Silverking
    Silverking Posts: 19 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 February at 11:06PM
    Options
    I thought I'd check my future bills.

This is what I agreed on 05/12/2022:

I did cancel Sky Broadband when they put their prices up last year so I no longer have it.

This is what my usual bill looks like:

With the April price rises it changes to:

Up by £6.00 then, however when I look at my May bill:

I'm hoping that's a glitch somewhere! My contract was 18 months so my discount shouldn't be reduced like this.

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought I'd check my future bills.

This is what I agreed on 05/12/2022:

I did cancel Sky Broadband when they put their prices up last year so I no longer have it.

This is what my usual bill looks like:

With the April price rises it changes to:

Up by £6.00 then, however when I look at my May bill:

I'm hoping that's a glitch somewhere! My contract was 18 months so my discount shouldn't be reduced like this.

Your 18 months deal ends on 5th June, so since you are paying in advance they are removing all discounts from 5th to 20th June !!!
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Strange but mine is showing no difference for April or May from the current level?
  • Silverking
    Silverking Posts: 19 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 February at 12:39AM
    Options
    Your 18 months deal ends on 5th June, so since you are paying in advance they are removing all discounts from 5th to 20th June !!!

LOL! Thanks, I completely missed that! For some reason, I was thinking the renewal was later. I'm glad I posted now, I will remember to cancel in time!
  • Tom_Hendo
    Tom_Hendo Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February at 9:13PM
    Options
    I have exactly the same issue. My.understanding is they could rise the prices of the default package option, but couldn't change contractually agreed discounts.

This is the first year it's more then £2-£5 for me, I'm looking for some help whether it looks like they are in breach of contract or not. To me I think they have just gone over the contract limits

Total Bill: £80.25 to £90.25 (+£10, 12.5%)

Internet: £34.50 to £38 (+£3.50, +10%)
    Phone: £5.75 to £8 (+£2.25, +39%)

Signature: £18 to £18.25 (+£0.25, +1%)
    Sports:£8 to £11 (+£3, +37%)
    Cinema: £12 to £13 (+£1, +8%)

And just in case this looks weird to anyone, I got an extra discount on sports because they "couldn't lower broadband today" so now broadband is horrific. Hoping I can break contract with that now they have increased it, but no experience of this 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback