GMAC UK Plc

Buzby61
Buzby61 Posts: 3
First Post
edited 13 February at 3:02PM in Reclaim car finance
Watched Martin Lewis show last night - really good - particularly the bit about reclaiming interest costs on car loans which may have been over charged. I had Finance a while ago with a Company called GMAC UK Plc who financed a Vauxhall vehicle I purchased. 
Unfortunately, cannot find their details - does anyone know if this finance company is still trading, trading under another name or perhaps gone bust ? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Mamma_B
    Mamma_B Posts: 3
    First Post
    Yes I did exactly the same thing. Found all the paperwork drafted my email only to find GMAC were not on the MSC drop down list. After searching for contact details online, it turns out on the HMRC website that they were dissolved in 2014. What now??? Can anyone help tell me if this means there's now no possible recourse?
  • Buzby61
    First Post
    Strange - the finance agreement I had with them was dated Sept 2015 and was paid off in Sept 2017 at which point I received a letter of confirmation from them on official GMAC headed paper. The letter detailed their registered number as well as their VAT number.
    On that basis I am assuming the company was still trading but don’t know what has happened since.
  • Mamma_B
    First Post
    Interesting. Thanks, that is useful information and potentially promising. Based on what you said I did some more research and found a link on HMRC between Vauxhall Finance plc which are still trading and GMAC UK Ltd. It seems as though GMAC (and many variations of) were previous trading names and became Vauxhall Finance plc in Nov 2017, so seems this is a lead. Also has the same address in Cardiff that was on my GMAC headed paper from between 2007-2010. Vauxhall Finance plc and PSA Finance UK Ltd then seem to have merged in 2023 to form Stellantis Financial Services UK Limited. However I have found an actual email for complaints on Vauxhall Finance website which actually states previous trading names and reference to motor finance agreement claims: [email protected].
  • I have encountered the same problem. I took finance out through a Vauxhall Dealership in January 2013, ending in 2016. I have tried searching GMAC but it seems they were dissolved, however I received a confirmation letter from them in 2016 when my finance agreement came to an end. They were taking monthly repayments every month for 3 years. I have emailed the dealership I brought the car from, so hoping they can shed some light.
  • Bagnbox
    Bagnbox Posts: 1
    First Post
    Hi All. Interesting times. Busby61, can you share the reg number and vat number that you have please. My son cleared his finance with GMAC in 2015, after their supposed liquidation and dissolution. He doesn’t have any paperwork now. 
  • rynno15
    rynno15 Posts: 1
    First Post
    Vauxhall Finance seems to be the one to go to if you had a loan under GMAC. If you look on the gov.uk companies directory (VAUXHALL FINANCE LIMITED; company number: 00275607), you can see at the bottom that GMAC UK PLC was a previous trading name until November 27th 2017.

I'm in the same boat with a loan took out early 2017. I will be looking into this and I'll update any outcome. Thanks to Sawbill for the contact address!
  • Buzby61
    First Post
    The registered number on the paperwork for GMAC UK Plc was 275607 which, from info provided by rynno15 is the same as Vauxhall Finance - looks as though there was a change of name at some stage. the VAT number quoted was 678 7110 07. .
    Based on people’s responses and the information provided it would seem Vauxhall Finance are the people to go to unless anyone thinks to the contrary.
    Great work team 👍
  • I had a finance agreement with GMAC in 2014 and couldn’t find the details anywhere. They have merged companies with Vauxhall finance and I was given a phone number 03348712222 and chose option 5, I asked for my policy number and they had it straight away. Then select the option Vauxhall finance on the drop down list on the form instead of GMAC.
  • Mamma_B
    First Post
    Correction as it bounced back. I didn't copy the whole email: [email protected]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback