Nationwide Flex-Plus... changing travel insurance provider.

Options
Lots of changes to proposed cover provided by Aviva.
Notably.. no over 70's restriction-

FlexPlus Travel Insurance provider change | nationwide

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Interesting, I recently needed to claim on the existing provider (UKI) and they were very easy to work with. Hope Aviva is the same.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Thanks for the heads up. Did you get an email notification? We have upgrades so won’t be immediately affected. 
    We had to claim in 2018 when in Thailand & my husband found them OK to deal with. They paid our claims in full after I’d uploaded all the hospital paperwork when back in uk. 
  • Middle_of_the_Road
    Options
    badger09 said:

Thanks for the heads up. Did you get an email notification? We have upgrades so won’t be immediately affected. 
    We had to claim in 2018 when in Thailand & my husband found them OK to deal with. They paid our claims in full after I’d uploaded all the hospital paperwork when back in uk. 
    No, this was information given during application. I expect existing customers will be informed at some point.
  • D1.f
    D1.f Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you know if they still cover cancellation for COVID? 
    Seems to be doing the rounds again and we're due off in a few weeks xx
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    D1.f said:
    Do you know if they still cover cancellation for COVID? 
    Seems to be doing the rounds again and we're due off in a few weeks xx
    Did you read the link?

The change is from the 1st May so your holiday in a few weeks will be under the old provider and their terms
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Seems a lot of changes to cover from just glancing at it! I've got until late September before mine will change, hopefully someone more qualified than me will have given a view on the changes by then.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Interesting that skiing is still considered less hazardous than fell walking.   While I'm generally happy with this account, I resent subsiding winter-sports which are notoriously hazardous. 
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • zathrasB5
    zathrasB5 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    After a quick glance at this I am getting royally screwed by it.  I am turning 60 this year so my wife and I decided to push the boat out and are having 24 days in Japan, flying business class.  The holiday is fully booked for us by a company called Inside Japan including all train transfers, local travel cards etc.  But it means we are forking out over £22K for the whole holiday.  So we had to pay an extra £146 to cover the full cost of the holiday.  They are saying that this upgrade cost is not transferrable to Aviva and we will have to pay the same again to get the upgrade (limited to £20K) as the holiday is not until Oct.  So we are being forced to pay the upgrade cost twice.  How is this treating customers fairly?  I would love a comment from the MSE team as to if this is even legal.  I understand that I am covered by the UK insurance until 1/5/24 but I think I deserve a pro-rated refund for the time we have paid for that they are not going to cover us for now.
  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 March at 5:49PM
    Options
    zathrasB5 said:
    After a quick glance at this I am getting royally screwed by it.  I am turning 60 this year so my wife and I decided to push the boat out and are having 24 days in Japan, flying business class.  The holiday is fully booked for us by a company called Inside Japan including all train transfers, local travel cards etc.  But it means we are forking out over £22K for the whole holiday.  So we had to pay an extra £146 to cover the full cost of the holiday.  They are saying that this upgrade cost is not transferrable to Aviva and we will have to pay the same again to get the upgrade (limited to £20K) as the holiday is not until Oct.  So we are being forced to pay the upgrade cost twice.  How is this treating customers fairly?  I would love a comment from the MSE team as to if this is even legal.  I understand that I am covered by the UK insurance until 1/5/24 but I think I deserve a pro-rated refund for the time we have paid for that they are not going to cover us for now.
    Are you saying you don't have your annual renewal date between paying for the upgrade and taking the holiday?
  • zathrasB5
    zathrasB5 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kaMelo said:
    zathrasB5 said:
    Are you saying you don't have your annual renewal date between paying for the upgrade and taking the holiday?
    I have already paid for an upgrade to cover the holiday in October.  There is an annual renewal date in between but the cover I paid was explicitly stated to cover the holiday.  In fact the way the lass on the phone had to do it was say the holiday was in April with a note on the policy that this was actually the cover for Oct/Nov as the system would not let her go to Oct due to the renewal date.  But I was assured that what I paid (and it was a lot) covered me until the end of the holiday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback