Geriatricmum vs inner voice: A monologue

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• KeepOnKnitting
    KeepOnKnitting Posts: 662 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh, this is all so exciting. The car plans sound especially sensible. 

I'm just going to ask, when your 14 months on the current mortgage is up, will the new higher rate still be affordable? 

It sounds like you are getting a new-build. Do you get to choose any of the fittings? Custom-built house!
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • Geriatricmum
    Geriatricmum Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, this is all so exciting. The car plans sound especially sensible. 

I'm just going to ask, when your 14 months on the current mortgage is up, will the new higher rate still be affordable? 

It will be but there's also the option to remortgage then to take advantage of possibly lower rates. We shall see what happens. 

It sounds like you are getting a new-build. Do you get to choose any of the fittings? Custom-built house!

We're planning on sticking with basic package and spend on additional electrics. We'll upgrade kitchen and bathrooms ourselves in 5 years time once the kids are older and things are less likely to get wrecked! 
    On another note, I went into the loft today and discovered a big hole in the roof and some starlings making a nest! It looks like the SVP has dropped or something and the birds have taken advantage.

Hopefully the roofer can nip over tomorrow, we're due rain again tomorrow. 
    May NSD challenge: 3/15
  • Geriatricmum
    Geriatricmum Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all, wee update, just waiting on the solicitors to do their thing with the missives.
    Have the brochure for our current house almost made up and we're getting a valuation done on the 22nd May. Fingers crossed it's what we hope for.

We're continuing to pay down on the credit cards and not spend on them 😁

We have not yet sold the car as an adblue fault showed up on the car last week and the engine management light is on. Turns out this adblue fault is very common and is a £2,500 fix. We're currently weighing up our options. Talk about bad timing. 
    May NSD challenge: 3/15
  • KeepOnKnitting
    KeepOnKnitting Posts: 662 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Jeez, £2,500 for a "common" fault. That sounds like a design/manufacturing fault if you ask me. I don't imagine there is ever a good time for that.

Sounds like everything else is going well. Good to hear from you. :)

Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Sounds like very exciting times ahead with the house! And great news on paying down the debts. Boo to the car though, as Knitting says, that is heck of an expensive for a common fault. I hope it is incorrect and whatever the fault is can be sorted more affordably!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback