Geriatricmum vs inner voice: A monologue

Options

Comments

• KeepOnKnitting
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry you are having redundancies at work. It always makes things feel stressful and not a nice atmosphere. I hope you manage to keep positivity around you.
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • Geriatricmum
    Geriatricmum Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry you are having redundancies at work. It always makes things feel stressful and not a nice atmosphere. I hope you manage to keep positivity around you.
    Thanks @KeepOnKnitting. I've never experienced this before, I'll just try to act as normal as possible on Monday. 
    May NSD challenge: 3/15
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Very glad there wasn't a shop between my kids schools and our home when I was in school run days - I can imagine!

That's a pain - redundancies when you've not been there long. Just need to sit tight, see what happens.
  • Geriatricmum
    Options
    Made £13 worth of sales on vinted today, my little EF is getting bigger! 
  • Geriatricmum
    Options
    GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:

-Absolutely NO buying of lunches!
    Inner voice: "ha!“
    - Fold the washing that's been there all week
    -Find free stuff to do with the kids this week the days I have them (half term) 
    -Keep positive 
    Me:" you're so supportive lately, I love you for that"

Inner voice: "........ ha!“
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh that fetches back memories free stuff in half terms. Enjoy,  it doesn't exist when they get to teens - as you'll know!

I actually used to dislike Feb half term the most. No connected 'event' like the others eg Easter, Halloween, Christmas and the weather not as good. 
  • Geriatricmum
    edited 14 February at 9:22AM
    Options
    February holiday is so random. It's raining today and we have to stay in for the TV repair people anyway so I won't be surprised if there's some tantrums today 
  • Geriatricmum
    Options
    So far today has been quite good, DS1 is having his afternoon nap so I'm cuddled up on the sofa with DD7 and a coffee still waiting on these repair folk. 

We went to the shop and posted those vinted parcels - I have £19 pending in there. Uploaded a few designer bits to Vestiaire and Ebay, need to bundle up some of DS1's clothes too. 

Managed to put away all those clothes that have been hanging about and tidy the dining room table which is basically just a dumping ground for everyone's stuff... Drives me insane.

I've been excercising regularly the past 2 weeks and have lost just over a kilo, my jeans fit a bit better so I'm feeling a bit more like myself. Maybe I'll get my wedding ring back on by the end of March if I keep going!

Repair man just showed up better go! 
  • Geriatricmum
    Options
    TV has gone off to the TV hospital to get a new main board. DH was a bit sad as he had hoped for a new TV out of it ha!

The TV repair guy says he was hoping it was something like the socket was off or the remote needed new batteries (!) I told him if that ended up being the case it would have been extremely embarrassing.

WFH tomorrow so have prepared some work books for DD7 and a wee space next to me at the table. Let's see how long before she's onto Netflix ha!

Not an NSD today as DD7 wanted a sweet at the newsagent where we dropped off the vinted packages. 
  • Geriatricmum
    Options
    DS1 went to bed early today so I've popped some exfoliation socks on that DD21 got me for Christmas and I'm watching silent witness with a cuppa...Bliss.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure