Oops I did it again

Options

Comments

• Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Have been accepted for the weightloss injection and it should arrive tomorrow. We have a house full of easter based foods so that doesn't help!haha. Not sure what info it will come with, or what people advise when you take it. I am assuming they will want me to calorie count or something, so I will use MFP, I have used this many times on and off over the years. 

Have heard recently about obesogenic and leptogenic environments, basically how environments can encourage obesity or thinness. I definitely live in an obesogenic environment. This is something that can be used to support with my long term weight loss plans for sure, I will continue to investigate.

I have also watched a utube channel of a lady I follow on insta (tri_ing_to_live), she did 22 hard things in 2022, and then 23 hard things in 2023. I really like her attitude and this feels like a good focus, so I am thinking of 24 hard things for 2024, she asks the following questions:

1. What do I want to do, but struggle to believe I am capable
    2. What do I need to do, but avoid doing due to anxiety or fear of failure
    3. What rule do you give yourself, eg I can't do XYZ until XYZ
    4. What are some small things I can do that are attainable, to head towards my bigger goals
    5. What have I given up on before, that I didn't want to give up on

The things can be anything, anything at all that can be hard, so she picked things like, walk 15miles in one day, build a garden with Eric (her husband), go to the dentist etc. So I am having a good think about what are the hard things for me, what do I want to achieve, how does it look. One of my big rules is I can do XYZ when I have lost weight. That is a pants rule really!

One of the things I am hyper aware of, is it is all good making big plans and decisions whilst off work, but once I am back in work, it is all too much and I am back to doing nothing. I am an all or nothing kinda gal!
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Aimingforthegoodlife Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 30 March at 11:43AM
    Options
    Ah Saturday, here again! Lets work out this weeks PADs!

CC: £11.28
    Loan: £32.60

CC is now: £1102.01/£2162.22. This takes us to 50.97/100 steps, woohoo! Based on another 9months with a basic payment of £100 as standard, we would need to find £22.45 a month to clear by December 2024. Ah that is nice!

Loan OP since Oct 2023: £599.39/£651.80. I have £52.41 to find to get that next month gone, not sure how long it may take. This week was good as I got a four monthly interest payment onto one of my accounts which was £22, so that gave this a boost. 

Personal Savings: £2445.21/£3000 decreased by £219.50 due to paying for that injection. Unsure if this is going to be a good spend yet! But has set this goal back. I need to find £554.79 now to make this back to £3k, if I were to have the operation in July, then that means I need to save £138.69 a month between now and then. The one good thing, is that I still have over £2k of savings, so I can use those as needed and build up after so not the end of the world!

DH had some self employed work this week, this will be a nice boost. Just debating, does it go CC, savings, mortgage, holiday etc. I am happy that the CC will be gone by December 2024, it is not costing us anything- 0% runs out next year sometime. So I could just carry on with the £100 a month payment, and all the PADs from the joint account heading over to it and extra money- DH self employed and overtime, gas not needing to be bought etc could be saved, sent to holiday/mortgage etc. I am impatient though! Decisions decisions!

• Aimingforthegoodlife
    edited 30 March at 11:42AM
    Options
    March Madness PAD round up!

CC: £339.81
    Loan: £78.89
    My Savings: £120 in- £219.50 out! (Oops, I did it again!!!!)

I am really pleased with these numbers. When I started with this diary I couldn't even consider my loan, apart from throwing some money at it. But by doing PADs and regularly waffling on here, I feel much less overwhelmed than I did, it has helped me find focus, which has left me feeling more in control. The loan over the month also indicates that I will hit the next month reduction in April 2024 for sure, that is a lovely thought!
  • FacelessNumber
    FacelessNumber Posts: 474 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great work on the PADs! Seems to be making a big difference to the numbers, and sounds like it helps.you keep focused too?
  • KeepOnKnitting
    KeepOnKnitting Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    regularly waffling on here
    It really helps, doesn't it! :smiley:

I think just being able to keep track of thoughts and progress makes it so much more manageable. 

Lovely to keep reading about your little payments adding up. 
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    @FacelessNumber it does help with the focus, I think that previously I go all at it for a few months, then would lose interest as it is all so slow really, doing the PADs gives me something to do everyday towards my goal, I love the daily PADs and I really enjoy adding them up here at the end of the week!

@KeepOnKnitting you are spot on, it does make it so much more manageable! Thank you for reading, it is good to see how even a pound a day all adds up!

• Aimingforthegoodlife
    edited 6 April at 11:09AM
    Options
    Weekly PAD round up:

CC: £43.82 (we also sent £80 as standard payment, not increased yet!)
    Loan: £7.26
    Holiday: £112.50
    Joint Savings: £200
    Mortgage: £50

CC is now: £1225.83/£2162.22. This is 56.69/100 steps, nice little increase there! I was so tempted to just send over the £200 that I moved to savings, but we do need to start saving to buy things for the house, or we will end up needing credit again! Plus, we are well on track to be rid by Dec 2024 (I keep reminding myself of this!). We only need an £17.05 a month on top of the £100 basic payment to be rid by then. Can always send over some savings if I decide to. 

Loan OP since Oct 2023: £606.65/£651.80. Only a tiny OP from PADs this week, but this is how it is sometimes. It is still more than I would be paying if I only paid the monthly payment! Need another £45.15 to hit the month target, thinking if I am careful between now and my next pay, I could get this month completed and gone! And if not, I have to remind myself, this is a marathon, not a sprint. 

Holiday is on target for the month, don't think I will be sending anything else to that until next month. And the mortgage is likely to have that as its only OP this month. It is nice to still send something to the mortgage. When I first joined these forums many moons ago, I was focused on knocking down the mortgage as much as possible. We only had a 5% deposit and costs were very expensive, thanks to these forums we managed to OP and were at 10% when we needed to remortgage and this meant we had much better offers. We have only recently stopped a small regular OP of £50 a month, though I do try and adhoc this every month, if I can. The rate we locked in at sucks, but is still less than when we first bought the property, so trying to not be to negative. We also increased the mortgage back to 30 years to keep the monthly payments lower, so the capital paid off in now so much less than previously. Quite frustrating, but it is what it is!

No change to my savings, this will be next changed on my payday!
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Ah Saturday! How lovely to see you :smiley:

Weekly PAD round up:

CC: £33.90
    Loan: £15.53

CC is now: £1259.73/£2162.22. This is 58.26/100 steps, we owe £902.49 now, how incredible is that?! Happy happy! Based on being rid by December 2024- £100 a month standard payment, and then we now only need to find £12.81 a month to be rid with overpayments! This makes me feel overjoyed, these PADs make no difference to our day to day living, but a huge difference to the CC. I can't wait until the day that we start chipping into November accidently! 

Loan OP since Oct 2023: £622.18/£651.80. Last two days I OP'd £5 a day, bank account is looking ok. Can't keep £5 up everyday, but a little boost! Payday is a week on Tuesday, I have another food shop and need fuel before then. Will see how I get on! Need to find £29.62 to knock this month out!

Second week on the injection, I feel like I have so much energy, I don't think about food as much, I have been eating so much less. It is all so weird! If this is how most people feel, I have been missing out for years. Have also booked my surgery for the 22nd July 2024, so scary. 

DH and I have been working hard this month on managing our monies, we made a deal not to go out for food, 13 days in and we are managing! We decided that as we are going to Disney next month (eeeeeeekkk) we would have this month trying to save money, Disney is all budgeted for but feels like a good excuse knowing we will be eating and drinking what we like then. Buying dog meds next week- anti-inflammatory meds and think the staffs are due their vaccinations soon. Not sure about the costs there. Not touched the £300 savings so far, but still a long way until the end of the month. Feels like the budget in this account is never quite right. Have also turned the heating off these last couple of days, windy but not too cold. Hot water bottle has been keeping me warm on the sofa!
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Ah weekend, so lovely to see you again!

Weekly PAD round up:

CC: £27.19
    Loan: £34.32

CC is now: £1286.92/£2162.22. This is 59.52/100 steps, we owe £875.30, woohoo! Based on being rid by December 2024, that would be £800 in standard monthly payments, and £9.41 a month in OPs a month! We will be knocking in Nov accidently really soon, as the weekly amount would be a minimum of £7, so in two weeks we will have surpassed the necessary amount and the total amount is £75.30 which we usually do in a month. I am not sure if it is feasible to knock off Nov without bigger OP, will wait and see!

Loan OP since Oct 2023: £656.50 /£651.80. Thanks to my 1poll payout I have reached this target! I have overshot this target by a huge, whopping £4.70! I will be increasing the target by another £162.95, so adding another month on to the total. That will make the new total: £814.75. £656.50/£814.75. So I need to find another £158.25, to bring the end date down another month, this may take a couple of months but it's all good. 

Feeling a little annoyed, the cost of my surgery has been increased by another £500, this take it to £10,000, so I need to find another £500 on top of the extra £1k I was finding as it increased from £8.5k to £9.5k when I spoke to them in January! Really not sure what to do, the injections seem to be helping a lot, I have already put on a wash this morning and pottered, I am usually too exhausted to do anything. So do I keep on with the injections, it could take up to 18months to lose a substantial amount of weight, but it is less scary than surgery. So unsure and conflicted. 
  • MFWannabe
    MFWannabe Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah weekend, so lovely to see you again!

Weekly PAD round up:

CC: £27.19
    Loan: £34.32

CC is now: £1286.92/£2162.22. This is 59.52/100 steps, we owe £875.30, woohoo! Based on being rid by December 2024, that would be £800 in standard monthly payments, and £9.41 a month in OPs a month! We will be knocking in Nov accidently really soon, as the weekly amount would be a minimum of £7, so in two weeks we will have surpassed the necessary amount and the total amount is £75.30 which we usually do in a month. I am not sure if it is feasible to knock off Nov without bigger OP, will wait and see!

Loan OP since Oct 2023: £656.50 /£651.80. Thanks to my 1poll payout I have reached this target! I have overshot this target by a huge, whopping £4.70! I will be increasing the target by another £162.95, so adding another month on to the total. That will make the new total: £814.75. £656.50/£814.75. So I need to find another £158.25, to bring the end date down another month, this may take a couple of months but it's all good. 

Feeling a little annoyed, the cost of my surgery has been increased by another £500, this take it to £10,000, so I need to find another £500 on top of the extra £1k I was finding as it increased from £8.5k to £9.5k when I spoke to them in January! Really not sure what to do, the injections seem to be helping a lot, I have already put on a wash this morning and pottered, I am usually too exhausted to do anything. So do I keep on with the injections, it could take up to 18months to lose a substantial amount of weight, but it is less scary than surgery. So unsure and conflicted. 
    How much would you spend on injections? 
    Do you feel you’d keep the weight off if you kept with the injections? 
    I’ve been looking at the injections, got a bit scared by the side effects; can I ask if you’ve experienced any bad side effects? 
    31/03/24:  Debt total £12,400/13,192.13
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure