Oops I did it again

Options
123457»

Comments

• Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Hi @MFWannabe, I could fund almost three years of injections on my loan for the surgery, so a big difference! I mean, I am eating a lot less and moving a lot more, and it feels fine, I am still eating what I fancy, but smaller portions and not obsessing over chocolate like usual! Touchwood, I have had no side effects at all, I am on the very low starting dose though, I did notice that when I didn't eat I would feel exhausted and fatigued, so making sure I have something, even if it is one weetabix for breakfast! I know some people do get a lot of side effects. I watched that skinny jab program, I think it was on channel four, was quite interesting!
  • FacelessNumber
    FacelessNumber Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've never heard of the injections @Aimingforthegoodlife but it sounds like it's working for you! Can you trial them for a bit longer before deciding?
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Aimingforthegoodlife Posts: 683 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 28 April at 11:15AM
    Options
    Saturday, where have you been all my life??

Weekly PAD round up:

CC: £18.31
    Loan: £20.69
    Joint savings: £220

CC is now: £1305.23/£2162.22. This is 60.37/100 steps, we owe £856.99! Based on being rid by December 2024, that would be £800 in standard monthly payments, and £7.12 a month in OPs a month! So we now only need to find an extra £56.99 by Dec, so do-able! On the 1st the next £100 will be paid as standard, so that is so exciting. 

Loan OP since Oct 2023: £677.19/£814.75. So I need to find another £137.56 to bring the end date down another month, feel like I hit the month target quickly, but actually it took as long as I predicted!haha. April has flown as a month though to be fair. 

I would normally add in my own savings after pay day, but I am unsure what I am doing with regards to injection vs surgery, so I am just going to leave it, adding in but not keeping a close eye and I am only keeping my £2k target which I have. I may change my mind, but right now, thinking about the surgery/injections feels quite overwhelming! I have sent savings over this month, as we are going away a week tomorrow (!!!!!!!!!!!) I have paid to have my fingers and toes made pretty (£44 for both at sdrug with the card, so good price!), bought t shirts, knickers, a suck in dress thing and other bits and bobs, so have spent a lot more this month than usual and its only 4 days since pay day! Ah well, hopefully may be able to get away with one less weekly shop which should even things out!

Have been wearing new shoes in, I get blisters so easily so this has to be done! Got one pair that I can walk in for days, and the new pair that are getting more comfortable with each wear. So two options, and I have a pair of croc sandals, don't look like crocs, but so comfy! I am packed- apart from under garments, just need to print things out and think we are sorted. I cannot wait for my holiday! Been a long time coming!

Have edited to add in £220 to savings, I wasn't sure what we were going to do with it as noted in next post, decided to just add it to savings. Car is going to need work, pretty sure we need a new washing machine, etc. CC is on target so won't stress!
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    @FacelessNumber I can, will use money for my surgery, so I need a limit I think, and could postpone the surgery. Not sure if I am just getting cold feet as the thought of surgery is so scary! Ah well, time will tell!
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Aimingforthegoodlife Posts: 683 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 28 April at 11:17AM
    Options
    Going to complete the monthly round up today!

April Astuteness 

CC: £123.22
    Loan: 77.80
    Holiday: £112.50
    Savings: £200 + £220= £420 to savings this month
    Mortgage: £50

Not bad at all, some really good movements going on. CC will definitely be creeping towards ending in Nov 2024 at this rate! Though, I then wonder, should I do one week CC and as long as it hits the amount needed a month to complete: £7.12, and send money somewhere else after that? Though it would be nice to be rid, hmmm, will have a ponder! We also have a little more monies, and I am wondering if I should just save it: £100 holiday, £120 savings, or maybe send £100 to the CC, or some variation of the three options! Don't think I would want to send the whole amount to only one thing. So many decisions, I feel like all I do all the time is make choices, and it is tiring :lol:

I decided to add the £220 to savings, moved the cruise to 2026 so gives us plenty of time to continue saving for that and less pressure. CC is on target, holiday savings will be added to next month, lets just save it for the car and washing machine!!!
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Ah Saturday, it's been too long!

Weekly PAD round up:

CC: £38.31 (still not added the £20 to the standard £80 so went as a PAD, £80 also sent on 2nd!)
    Loan: £9.28
    Joint savings: £200
    Holiday: £100
    Mortgage: £45

CC is now: £1423.54/£2162.22. This is 65.8/100 steps, we owe £738.68! Based on being rid by December 2024, that would be £700 in standard monthly payments, and £5.53 a month in OPs a month! So we now only need to find an extra £38.68 in OPs by Dec, how fab! Due to the CC being well on target, we decided to not send any extras over this month, choosing to save more, as well as holiday and mortgage. Was tempted, but the PADs add up so well that it isn't really worth it, will be well gone before interest restarts anyways.

Loan OP since Oct 2023: £686.457/£814.75. Need £128.28 for this next step to be completed, based on usual monthly PADs this will take at least two months to achieve as still working on adding to personal savings, but then spending them on the injections. My loan is still sat in a good interest account gaining a little interest at the moment, so that's something!

I bought another injection for the next month, but decided to not have an injection this week, ready for Florida next week as I would like to enjoy food and drinks, I can already feel that I am getting actually hungry again, which is so weird! Though still feel like I get full from a smaller amount of food, I wonder how long that will last. Is it also worrying that I am scared of becoming so hungry like I used to be? Ah well, once we are home I can get back on it!

Not sure how PADs will go next week, I can do tomorrow and Monday, but once in Florida just not sure. I may do my best to still do a little moving everyday, but I doubt I will be posting anything on the boards until I am home. The most exciting part is the fact we have paid for this holiday outright and have good spends which we saved for! Proud!
  • FacelessNumber
    FacelessNumber Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have an amazing holiday! Sounds like the injections are working well for you.
  • Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Thanks @FacelessNumber we had a wonderful time, was so so hot though!haha. 

I didn't PAD at all, was having far too much fun and was knackered every day :lol:

So I have done an estimated PAD when I got back and will update today as per, this will be two weeks of payments basically!

We had good money left from the holiday budget, I sent £449 to our savings, then we bought our washing machine- £349, so the savings are up £100! I then sent £100 back to the holiday budget, worth keeping on this even though the pressure to sort out the cruise is minimised as it is now 22months away! And an extra £59 to the CC on top of some interest from my saving accounts and general PADs. 

In yucky financial news, the car was checked at the garage, they suspect it is a specific issue that will cost £1700 for the part. They suggested we go to the specific breed of car garage to get them to check. This isn't the only issue with the car, the AC is broken, my window won't auto close- just re-opens unless you press the button in small steps and it will need a cambelt next year. So serious conversations around whether it is worth fixing, or better to part exchange. I could use some of my loan, but then if the injections don't work, then I am fudged if I want the operation. We have £2820 in savings right now, we also have over £2k for holiday savings and my £8.5k loan, so have access to monies to fix or sell/buy. Just not how I wanted to spend my money :lol:

Plan:
    • Get car into breed specific garage for confirmation of issue
    • Look into using a spare part from a scrap yard/something similar if it does need specific part
    • Find an AC person to check what is wrong with AC
    • I can live with the window as it will close, just a bit annoying! Not much help online
    • If keeping the car, save for cambelt- possibly £600-£700 
    • Look into a car via work- not keen on paying the amount needed with the loan going out, so not sure about this
    • Look into part exchanging the car and using some loan to pay for the excess
    Garage did say- webuyanycr- not sure if they were joking :lol:

At least we had left overs from the holiday, would have been nicer to focus the money somewhere else, but I need a vehicle for work as I travel to visit people and this is integral to my job! 

Will do the round up now, this will make me happy!

• Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Sorry last Saturday, I was too busy holidaying!

Two Weekly PAD round up:

CC: £97.43
    Loan: £21.05
    Joint savings: £449 (£349 went out on the washing machine, so a gain of £100)
    Holiday: £100

CC is now: £1527.07/£2162.22. This is 70.63/100 steps, interestingly, I got DH to check the CC balance, we are actually £6.10 better off than I had calculated, so adding that to the total this week. That is the kind of !!!!!! up I don't mind!! So we now owe £635.15! Based on being rid by December 2024, that would be £700 in standard monthly payments, and nothing a month in OPs! In fact, just by the standard payment, we would be £64.85 over in December 2024! Wow! I am sure that I can work out what this means timewise, but to be honest, I am not good at maths and do confuse myself!haha. Basically, I *think* that another £35.15 OP'd would take our date into November completely. Will ask DH to check!haha. 

Loan OP since Oct 2023: £707.52/£814.75. Another £107.23 will see another month knocked off, woohoo! On the loan page, it now says my last payment will be 24/04/2028, exciting to think that another four months would take me into 2027, and 8 months would have completely taken a year off in OPs! Woohoo! At least I *think* this is right!

I am going to email the clinic and postpone my surgery, the uncertainty around car payments and that aspect of money is making me feel very nervous and the injection currently feels positive, possibly the universe letting me know to leave it for now?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback