misstara's debt diary 2024

Options

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 2 April at 9:26AM
    Options
    Added some more money to the emergency fund through a combination of surveys and cashback so it's now sitting at £1369.67 :smile:

Working from home today which is nice although I do need to go out to a meeting late morning.  Was hoping to walk as it's only a 25 minute walk but it's miserable here and I'd be soaked before I got to the end of my street.  Going to finish up work after the meeting so planning to go to the gym, really need to get back into going regularly.

Have spent £16 on a present for the wedding this weekend.  We're away Friday-Sunday but staying with family and have both got outfits from previous weddings so it should be a relatively low-cost weekend away.

Will need to get some bread and washing up liquid today but that should be it unless I spot some ys bargains.  Beef stew already prepped and in the slow cooker for tea tonight :yum:
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • misstara
    Options
    Another £1 added to the emergency fund from cashback :smile:

£6.23 spent on shopping today - also got some garlic as had used the last in the stew and a ys pizza which will be our tea on Sunday evening as we will get back quite late from the wedding.

Since it's the start of a new month, time to review 2024 goals

Pay off credit card
    Done :smiley:

Maximise LISA
    Done for this financial year :smiley:

Increase emergency fund
    Now sitting at £1370.67, an increase of £120.01 since last month :smiley:

Celebrate
    Had a lovely weekend away with friends and have got the wedding coming up.  Have been looking at going away for a weekend with OH next month but accommodation is so expensive.

Stick to the menu plan and minimise food waste
    Not a great month last month for this but hoping to be better this month.

Gym membership
    Started back today :smiley:

Flat stuff
    Currently having a disagreement over what to prioritise with the result that nothing has been done.  Need to really sit down with OH and work out what we want to do and when.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • misstara
    Options
    A NSD today other than some stuff for work which I'll get reimbursed for.

Added £18.54 to the emergency fund from PA earnings and cashback.
  • misstara
    Options
    Nothing much to report from yesterday - £6.10 spent on coffee and cake out with a friend after work.  I also found 50p in my drawer at work so have added it to the emergency fund.
  • misstara
    Options
    Haven't posted for a week or so.  Wedding last weekend which was just lovely and so nice to spend the extra time with immediate family - went down early Friday, wedding on Saturday, came back up late Sunday.  Didn't spend anything while we were away either except topping up the car with petrol.

Emergency fund is now up to £1403.24 so very close to my initial £1500 target :smiley: road tax has been paid and I've booked accommodation for 3 nights away with OH next month and a weekend away with friends in June.  Need to build the car and holiday pots back up now.

Food budget is looking pretty good for this time in the month, helped along by some amazing ys bargains at the start of the week.  Had only popped into the shop for milk to tide us over until the milk delivery the following day but for £11.27, I got the milk plus 2 bags of coffee beans, 4 sausage rolls (nice ones that the local bakery makes), 4 chicken kievs, 2 individual steak pies, a sourdough loaf, a pack of 4 tea cakes, oven chips, puff pastry and a garlic flatbread.  Very pleased with all that.

Off to bed as now as working tomorrow and it has been very busy recently.
  • Boodedoo
    Boodedoo Posts: 480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow, you really have this nailed now.
    Figures are all amazing and you've been able to do enjoyable things without resorting to debt - which is the right balance for your life and peace of mind.
    Been a long hard journey for you to get to this stage, with a lot of illness and other obstacles  on the way but I really admire you for sticking to it and doing what you set out to  -   VERY WELL DONE :-)
    ( looking forward to the next chapter in a while when you are on the mortgage free wannabee board and I can lurk there and cheer you on from the sidelines)

• misstara
    Options
    Thanks Boodedoo, your support over the years has been very much appreciated :smiley:

Really nothing much to report - got some sort of lurgy and lying flat makes me cough.  Didn't want to wake OH so have been up for about an hour already :tired_face: 

£20.75 spent yesterday in the supermarket, mostly buying healthy things for breakfast/lunch at work as I really need to tackle my weight.  It's been slowly creeping up - I just don't feel comfortable and struggling to fit into most of my clothes.  I'll wait until I'm over the lurgy before hitting the gym but healthy eating starts today.
  • misstara
    Options
    Lurgy continues :cry: Feel like I've spent a small fortune this week on tissues and other lurgy related bits but starting to feel slightly better thankfully.  OH is feeling rotten though and has spent the majority of the day in bed.

Day off work today so mostly spent the day resting and reading.  Did go a short walk up to Lid! - £8.50 spent on a wee top-up shop including a ys fish pie that I had for tea and some croissants for tomorrow morning.

£7.64 from surveys and 98p from cashback has been added to the emergency fund :smile:
  • Boodedoo
    Boodedoo Posts: 480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope the lurgy gives up and goes away soon. Its so hard when you have to work and don't feel so good. Fingers crossed for a good night's sleep which always helps a bit

I am suffering with hayfever, there must be some mega pollen this year. I sneezed so violently last night I've burst a blood vessel in my eye and look like I am auditioning for some horror movie featuring red eyed monsters!
  • misstara
    Options
    Oh that sounds awful, I hope it's not sore and goes back to normal soon.  

Feeling much better, still not 100% but hopefully will continue to feel better over the week.  I've got the 5k on Saturday and have done next to no training so that should be fun!

Had to put petrol in the car today, have done a lot of work trips this month so must make sure I put my mileage claim in, totally forgot to last month.

£18.12 added to the emergency fund from surveys :smile:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback