misstara's debt diary 2024

Options

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks Boodedoo :smile:  I've transferred £100 from the emergency fund into my current account to cover the extra expenditure and will transfer any leftover money back at the end of the month.  Emergency fund is now sitting at £1116.51 (£5.94 PA earnings added this morning).

OH got home on Tuesday with an increase in medication so hopefully that will do the job and prevent any future hospital admissions.  It was his birthday yesterday so we had a nice relaxed day, went a walk round the local park and then I made a yummy steak dinner.

Spent £36.89 on food shopping on Wednesday plus £19.99 on a present for my sister-in-law.  Yesterday was a NSD :smile:

Not sure what we're up to today yet, OH got some money and vouchers for his birthday so had mentioned maybe going into town to see if there was anything he wanted to buy with them.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • misstara
    Options
    Not much to report from the last few days - £10.55 spent on Friday in a cafe after a walk at the beach and £4.53 yesterday on fruit and bread.  Today I'll need to put some petrol in the car plus buy a few bits for work lunches.

Dreading going back to work tomorrow - not so much the actual work, just leaving OH by himself all day.  
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
  • misstara
    Options
    £50.69 spent on petrol today plus £23.73 on some food shopping for work lunches and other bits for the meal plan we did for this week.  Hopefully won't need much else this week, just the usual top-up of fruit and bread.  Have got £47.57 left in the grocery budget until the end of the month.

Went out with my dad and gran for lunch today, was lovely to see both and the lunch was very filling so we ended up just having a toasted teacake each this evening instead of a proper meal.  Means today's planned meal can be rolled over until tomorrow.

57p transferred to emergency fund from ch@se cashback :smile:
  • misstara
    Options
    First day back at work went fine and OH texted me regularly which reassured me.

Today has been a NSD and 24p has been added to the emergency fund :smile:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,496 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that your first day back was fine. 😊
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • misstara
    Options
    Thanks beanie :smile:

We're really short-staffed this week due to annual leave and staff sickness which means I am spending my time mostly doing support work.  I really enjoy that as it means working more closely with the people I support but I have a very very long list of things that I need to do for my usual role and assessor role so feeling stressed out as I just don't know how I'm going to get everything done.  On a late shift tomorrow so planning to work from home for a bit in the morning (will get overtime for it) to try and catch up a bit on paperwork stuff.

Onto more positive things - it's been a NSD again today and I've added £5.99 to the emergency fund from PA earnings.  OH has had a good day and we went a quick walk round the local park once I finished work.  And I've signed myself up for a 5k run at the end of April to motivate myself to get back into running properly again.
  • misstara
    Options
    Survived the week and managed to get pretty much on top of the stuff I needed to get done for my assessor role which has reduced stress levels somewhat.  Still have a lot to do for usual role and this week looks just as bad for staffing :cry: 

Have been off the weekend and have mostly just been hanging out with OH and watching rugby, very pleased with the result yesterday.  OH unfortunately had a fall in the flat yesterday and has hurt his back so hasn't felt up for doing much although we did manage a wee walk along the beach today.

Have got over the food budget again, really need to get on top of it as although food prices have risen, a lot of it is just down to poor planning.

Pay slip is in so will need to do my budget for March.
  • misstara
    Options
    Payday today :smiley:

Have paid £30 to the credit card (now £318.48), £110 to the emergency fund (now £1234.78) and £250 to the LISA (now £10223.22).

I actually only needed to top up the LISA by £200 to max it out so the extra £50 is saved in a separate account and will get added in properly once the new tax year starts.

I've also opened a new account for the emergency fund - it only allows 4 withdrawals a year without penalty so hopefully that will stop me dipping into it.  It also seems like you can only pay in a minimum of £100 at a time (unless I've picked it up wrong) so I'm going to keep the original account open to add my survey and cashback money to and then transfer it over once it hits £100.

Day off work today so did a small shop for burger buns, coleslaw and fruit (£5.83 spent).  We had ys burgers for tea, not something I would normally cook at home but OH saw them when we were in the supermarket last week and thought it would be a fine change which it was.  Freezer is absolutely rammed with various ys bargains so hopefully won't need to spend much on food over the next few weeks.

Also had to take my car to the garage today as it had slow punctures in both front wheels.  Luckily they could both be repaired so only £50 spent which was covered from the car fund.
  • misstara
    Options
    NSD yesterday and hoping for one today.  £10.39 added to the emergency fund through a mixture of cashback, interest and PA earnings.
  • misstara
    Options
    NSD today :smiley:  £5.49 cashed out from PA and added to the emergency fund.

Review of 2024 goals

Pay off credit card
    £130 will be paid off this month leaving £218.48 to go.

Maximise LISA
    Done for this financial year.

Increase emergency fund
    Now sitting at £1250.66.

Celebrate
    We didn't get to Edinburgh due to OH being ill but will reorganise this for April or May.  I have a weekend away with friends later on this month to celebrate us all turning 40 this year.

Stick to the menu plan and minimise food waste
    Hmm not so good with this one but will put it down to OH being ill, something to work on for this month.

Gym membership
    Didn't actually go at all in February, again with OH being ill.  We have managed some lovely short walks though.

Flat stuff
    Not any progress on this.

So money stuff all good, other stuff a work in progress!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback