PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss Challenge - 1st Quarter 2024

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,151 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Flamingo  :)  and welcome Teapot and Scrooge 👋 

good luck 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • moneyowen
    Options
    Can I join please.  I’ve put quite a bit of weight on due to a stressful few months and I need to sort myself out and get serious about it.  I would like to lose about 12 lb for now please and then go from there.  Thank you
    Ellen
  • jellybeantinker1
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join this year too please! I'd like to lose approx 17lbs during 2024, so for the first quarter I will look at losing 5lb. 

So 5lb first quarter / overall 2024 17lb

This is a thread where I can have some extra accountability. 
    January 2024 Grocery Challenge - January 2024 (£65.08/ £150) / Yearly (£65.08 / £3000 (£250/month) )

Mortgage free since 2013! One of our best decisions was to pay the mortgage off early!

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,223 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    haven't weighed up for the yearend/start so don't have a number yet but I know I would like to be down to the next half stone.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Brambling
    edited 30 December 2023 at 2:46PM
    Options
    Welcome back Brie 🙂 and welcome moneyowen and Jellybean 👋
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gosh I have been awol most of the year, would it be possible for me to join the up coming challenge (hangs head in shame) I really have no real excuse apart from laziness! I have been been a bit busy, have started a part time degree with the OU and we have a new puppy.
    Brambling could I please try for 9lb 
    Wishing you all. Very Happy New Year x
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, please can I join you?

I would like to lose 16lb in quarter 1.

I have the Noom app free from work but I feel I have been inattentive to my goals as Christmas approached. Hopefully this will help!
    Home improvement payments £16.8K to go

May Grocery Challenge: £50.08/250

Decluttering 958/2024 Awards 🥇
    (06/05/24)
  • Brambling
    Options
    Good to see you back SIRENS 🙂 sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy, studying and a puppy 

welcome Karenccs67 and Wishus 👋 your 5 stone loss gives us all hope Karen that's a fantastic amount 
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for the new thread @Brambling. I have no idea what I now weigh since I stopped in the run up to Christmas - I'll have put on for sure, I feel like I've been eating non-stop for weeks.

I am in again please, regardless of current weight I am aiming for 14lbs off in the first quarter of 2024.

Save 12k in 2024 Challenge
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport