Calor catastrophe

Options
2»

Comments

• Netexporter
    Options
    It is not your property and you may be liable for the full retail replacement cost.

On the other hand it is my land and they aren't paying storage fees to dump their tank there.

• Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Any sale of the tank to a scrap merchant would have to be in accordance with Section 12 of the Torts (Interference With Goods) Act https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1977/32
    The law does give you a legal way to dispose of abandoned goods, where the owner won't collect them.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Cleagarr
    Options
    8 days later and still no gas. Been promised that it is a top priority etc etc. 
  • MikeFl
    MikeFl Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been waiting 6 months for Calor to remove the bulk tank from my garden. I'll give them one more chance, then I'll sell it for scrap.
    I finally got Calor to remove my tanks after emailing the CEO 3 times. Something to watch out for is to make sure you don't have any gas delivered once the disconnection has started. I know that might sound odd, but after my tanks were disconnected and gas evacuated, Calor still turned up and re-filled them, even though there was no way for me to access the gas within the tanks. They then (attempted) to charge me for that gas, and for removing that gas. 
    Left and right had do not communicate, so just because you're having the tanks removed, don't think that means the filling guys will know not to re-fill your tanks. Switch to manual re-fill requests.
  • Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 1,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Left and right had do not communicate

You're not kidding! They're still sending letters to the previous owner, which I return with a note to say they've gone (possibly deceased by now). They have my name, email and phone number but they never attempt to contact me, apart from engineers turning up unannounced. I made sure there was no auto-refill by removing the transmitter, so I've never had an account with them. I think they may be an even bigger shambles than British Gas.

• mexican_dave
    mexican_dave Posts: 274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BBC Watchdog did an item about the non-delivery of Calor to lots of customers in winter 2022 on the "automatic" fill schedule. Turns out Calor hadn't got a clue, only excuses! I suspect most contracts exclude "consequential loss" ie you being cold and having run electric heaters, so don't waste your breath fighting a battle you will not win. Sorry can't be more helpful!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback