Instagram ban

Comments

• Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got a tagging/comment ban for a week! That takes me up to the 19th. So I'm avoiding insta for now. Though I've got the lurgy at the moment so the rest from advents is maybe a blessing in disguise?
    I've got the same, I wonder if it will last a week?? It's so annoying a full week...
  • Kirri said:

I've got the same, I wonder if it will last a week?? It's so annoying a full week...
    I've had the odd ban in the past but it's only been 24-48 hours. I thought I had managed to spread out my Instagram comp entries and hadn't had a ban in ages, but I guess the advents mean I was entering more than usual. The notification that popped up showed the date the ban would end.
  • jakesmum
    jakesmum Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Do people have a date which tells them when the ban ends, some people seem to know and some people don't??? Mine just says restricted activity blah blah and I've not been able to tag anyone since Friday, so frustrating at this time of year! 
  • Lucky1983
    Lucky1983 Posts: 2,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    jakesmum said:
    Do people have a date which tells them when the ban ends, some people seem to know and some people don't??? Mine just says restricted activity blah blah and I've not been able to tag anyone since Friday, so frustrating at this time of year! 
    Mine doesn’t have a length of time, it’s been 8 days so far. I’ve reported an issue as my account says all is fine but god knows if they even look at them 
    2024 wins - £100 book voucher
  • How did you contact them?
  • janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    How did you contact them?
    I went to "more" (bottom left) there is a report a problem there. Didn't do me any good and on Tuesday I was blocked from reporting (may have reported every hour!!! and told them the advertisers should know and that they owe me all the prizes I cannot win due to been blocked, and how I have only done as the competition folk ask ie tag my friends. who they allow to post 
  • Lucky1983
    Lucky1983 Posts: 2,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

In your profile, top right corner, 3 lines & report a problem. Have done it twice and no response or change yet though.
    2024 wins - £100 book voucher
  • AC55
    AC55 Posts: 3,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    janE1956 said:
    I went to "more" (bottom left) there is a report a problem there. Didn't do me any good and on Tuesday I was blocked from reporting (may have reported every hour!!! and told them the advertisers should know and that they owe me all the prizes I cannot win due to been blocked, and how I have only done as the competition folk ask ie tag my friends. who they allow to post 
    I would be careful using that as a justification. Instagram appear to contradict themselves slightly on their stance with promotions/giveaways saying this:

But then also having separate guidance on holding promotions/giveaways here:

https://help.instagram.com/179379842258600
  • My follow ban has been lifted,it lasted just over 24 hours. 
  • My bans keep getting lifted then I get banned again after entering about 3, anyone else in the same cycle?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback