Instagram ban

Been banned from commenting/tagging on instagram but doesn’t say how long for. Got banned on my main account, made another account and got banned after entering about 5 comps. I’ve never had a ban before. How long do they tend to last and is there any way around it? 

Comments

• Been banned from commenting/tagging on instagram but doesn’t say how long for. Got banned on my main account, made another account and got banned after entering about 5 comps. I’ve never had a ban before. How long do they tend to last and is there any way around it? 
    You have attempted to circumvent a ban and have created a sock puppet, you will keep being banned for as long as you maintain that behaviour. You might have been banned for life, you might have been banned for a limited period, though time limited bans are usually specified as such. There is no way around the bans, the best advice is to not conduct yourself in a way which attracts a ban.
  • Haribobo19
    Haribobo19 Posts: 1,133
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I was also banned yesterday, they usually last 24 hours unless otherwise specified. Mine was because I commented too many emojis in separate comments on a post, even though the competition post said to do just that 😂 
    Thank you to everyone who posts comps 💕

2022 Wins - 14

2023 Wins
    January - 2 (Backpack and £5 cash)
    February - 1 (£50 B&Q gift card)
    March - 3 (Socks, Pokémon bundle and Tombola merch box)
    April - 3 (Chocolate bar, £200 cash and a Product of the Year goody bag)
    May - 1 (3 months of Google Play Pass)
    June - 5 (Cadbury selection box, Maoam sweets hamper, Love Island personalised wash bag,  £25 Amazon gift card and £5 cash)
    August - 2 (Percy Pig bundle and £10 Etsy gift card)
    September - 3 (1-Year Lifestyle Card membership, £25 Delcor gift card and £5 cash)
    October - 1 (Copy of TUNIC for Nintendo Switch)
    November - 5 (£25 Boohoo gift card, The Witcher Cookbook, 2 EVA Candles gift sets, Coca Cola socks and Lily O'Brien chocolates)
    December - Peppersmith Mints Bundle & £400 cash)
  • Does anyone know how to find out how long you’re banned for? Still banned and it didn’t give me a time 
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It depends, could be a 24 hour ban, or 3 days. The date thing is relatively new - don’t try and enter for a couple of days and see if you’re unbanned. If you can post, make sure you’re active in uploading things onto your own grid and stories and not just competitors 
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • Quod
    Quod Posts: 340
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I don’t know if I’ve been banned on Instagram I just can’t tag anyone? I was having so much fun entering advent comps. Facebook didn’t like me liking posts last year so I thought I’d be better on Instagram 
  • I was still banned after 4 days yesterday so I’ve given up at least for the next few days giving myself a break, I’ve noticed most of the ones I wanted to enter don’t actually end until Monday anyway. Probably wasn’t doing myself any favours by still saving the posts even though I couldn’t tag/comment.
  • I've just got the dreaded ban this morning at least I managed 8 days this time. Looking forward to a break and getting my life back for a few days. Never do well on instagram anyway so will concentrate on web ones and normal comps.
  • Lucky1983
    Lucky1983 Posts: 2,609
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I’m on a comment ban. Been 4 days so far but it doesn’t say how long. I’m busy for the next three days so will try again on Wednesday 
    Returning to comping! Nov - kids organic jumper, Dec - £100 ASDA voucher
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,462
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I'm on a "follow" ban.

• Eas
    Eas Posts: 361
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I won, I won, I won!
    Forumite
    I'm also on a follow ban, I never post on instagram (or any social media for that matter) so that may be a contributing factor.
    2012-£227, 2013-£9201, 2014-£13,323, 2015-£1,463
    2019 Wins - Venture Photoshoot, Tesco & Heart Voucher

ITV Winners Club Member # 124
    £2015 in 2015 - £1290/£2015
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills