We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Instagram ban

135

Comments

  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 34,192
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    4th ban a few moments ago. Commented on a friends post, 10 minutes after ban 3 was lifted, and got a message telling me I can't post anything until tomorrow. At least it gives me a chance to catch up with dailies etc
  • gdmoney
    gdmoney Posts: 1,669
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    4th ban a few moments ago. Commented on a friends post, 10 minutes after ban 3 was lifted, and got a message telling me I can't post anything until tomorrow. At least it gives me a chance to catch up with dailies etc
    How do you get the message? Do they send you a DM? When I have been banned during December I don't know when the ban will end so I get frustrated when trying to post and getting the dreaded restricted activity nessage again.
  • Lucky1983
    Lucky1983 Posts: 2,990
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm losing the will - my ban says this:

    Try again later. We restrict certain activity to protect our community.

    Its been over a week. Yet when I check my account status it says I can use all IG features with no restrictions?!

    ARAGHHHHHHHHHHH

    2024 wins - £100 book voucher
  • janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,289
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    list of winners of these advents should be interesting as most of us blocked. Wonder if its just us in Britain, wonder if Americans can enter as Meta is American isn't it?

  • Follow ban for me now! 
  • pate-ci0
    pate-ci0 Posts: 3,689
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yep, just got a follow ban
  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 34,192
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    gdmoney said:
    4th ban a few moments ago. Commented on a friends post, 10 minutes after ban 3 was lifted, and got a message telling me I can't post anything until tomorrow. At least it gives me a chance to catch up with dailies etc
    How do you get the message? Do they send you a DM? When I have been banned during December I don't know when the ban will end so I get frustrated when trying to post and getting the dreaded restricted activity nessage again.
    I got a pop-up with the message.
    I've been trawling Instagram looking for comps that require a 'like' only  :D found a few so not all in vain
  • Liquorice13
    Liquorice13 Posts: 132
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 13 December 2023 at 7:36PM
    I got the below on my second follow this morning.

    Try again later. We restrict certain activity to protect our community.

    I only follow 1100 accounts so nowhere near the 7500 limit, still can’t follow 12 hours later

    When I go into settings it says I have all features and no restrictions are showing
  • annibell79
    annibell79 Posts: 373
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 13 December 2023 at 9:52PM
    I got a tagging/comment ban for a week! That takes me up to the 19th. So I'm avoiding insta for now. Though I've got the lurgy at the moment so the rest from advents is maybe a blessing in disguise?
  • AC55
    AC55 Posts: 6,096
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've joined the ban club. This is my first ever ban - surprised it hasn't come sooner
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.