Instagram ban

Comments

• @mclarkie and @Eas have you tried following on your phone? I had a follow ban last year but was able to follow using my phone.
  • So my ban was lifted last night but it only let me enter about 5 before banning me again, is this just a cycle I’m going to have to endure throughout advents? I’ve been comping since 2019 but I’ve never had this issue because I’m sure there didn’t used to be as many advents which were on instagram.
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    @mclarkie and @Eas have you tried following on your phone? I had a follow ban last year but was able to follow using my phone.
    Thanks for the advice, It's lifted now but I will remember that for the future 👍
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    So my ban was lifted last night but it only let me enter about 5 before banning me again, is this just a cycle I’m going to have to endure throughout advents? I’ve been comping since 2019 but I’ve never had this issue because I’m sure there didn’t used to be as many advents which were on instagram.
    Most "average" (non-comper) users probably don't enter that many in a week or month. If a competition shows up in their feed with a prize they consider worthwhile they may enter but they may well have higher prize value requirements than some compers (not all) whose only requirement is "something for nothing" (having seen how many entries there are for prizes worth less than £5) 
  • mclarkie
    So my ban was lifted last night but it only let me enter about 5 before banning me again, is this just a cycle I’m going to have to endure throughout advents? I’ve been comping since 2019 but I’ve never had this issue because I’m sure there didn’t used to be as many advents which were on instagram.
    I'm also back on the follow ban :wink:  When FB was the most popular platform for comp providers, we would have similar bans issued, and Twitter would put into Twitter jail for retweeting too much.

But the scammers are allowed to keep scamming. figure that! 

• mclarkie said:
    I'm also back on the follow ban :wink:  When FB was the most popular platform for comp providers, we would have similar bans issued, and Twitter would put into Twitter jail for retweeting too much.

That is what is so annoying with them. I've reported loads over the past couple of days yet they all come back doesn't break community standards and the names they use like competition winner are not fake accounts and fake names. I'm still on a no commenting ban.
  • LeeRits
    LeeRits Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Count me in for the follow ban too. First time this has happened and I don't even think I enter that many tbh! Very annoying.
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie said:

That is what is so annoying with them. I've reported loads over the past couple of days yet they all come back doesn't break community standards and the names they use like competition winner are not fake accounts and fake names. I'm still on a no commenting ban.
    Yes I agree, I have given up reporting them, I just block them 
  • yep I've joined the ban club too, despite following every suggestion re posting I have seen on here and elsewhere and not entering that many. It's so rife and I bet many companies will see they have way less entries ( either 'cos people are banned, limiting what they enter, how many people they tag etc) and might even not run anything next year. 
  • My commenting ban lasted 3 days and now allowed to comment again but I've now got a following ban and have only followed one or two new accounts. I'm ready to give up with instagram it's a nightmare.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback