🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sainsburys Bank ATM Faulty or Cash Trapping Scam

Options

Comments

• djh
    djh Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I did raise a complaint with Nationwide and Sainsburys Bank but it was rejected by both.I would like more information especially if there is video information.I will probably escalate to the Financial Ombudsman .To admit the ATM in question was only £10 over indicates to me a discrepancy is possible.
  • retiredbanker1
    Options
    djh said:
    I did raise a complaint with Nationwide and Sainsburys Bank but it was rejected by both.I would like more information especially if there is video information.I will probably escalate to the Financial Ombudsman .To admit the ATM in question was only £10 over indicates to me a discrepancy is possible.
    Absolutely!  It will cost them at least £500 to go to Ombudsman - common sense should prevail here.

By the way did you actually raise a formal  complaint or just ask them to look into the matter?
  • djh
    Options
    djh said:
    Absolutely!  It will cost them at least £500 to go to Ombudsman - common sense should prevail here.

By the way did you actually raise a formal  complaint or just ask them to look into the matter?
    I have made complaints to both Nationwide and Sainsbury's Bank formally and now have escalated to the Financial Ombudsman. It is the principal of this incident. I may have said before, I am now questioning it myself. I need to clear up what actually happened. The sum in question is either with me or someone/where else.
  • MrFrugalFever
    Options
    djh said:
    djh said:

I have made complaints to both Nationwide and Sainsbury's Bank formally and now have escalated to the Financial Ombudsman. It is the principal of this incident. I may have said before, I am now questioning it myself. I need to clear up what actually happened. The sum in question is either with me or someone/where else.
    Providing this is within the last 30 days I would have a discussion with the Sainsbury's Store Manager, explain the situation and they can review the CCTV (try to remember the date and time as precisely as you can). If you didn't take the money, with a 'shocked' or unusual reaction seen then you can stop doubting yourself.
    Save £5k in 2024 challenge #32
    Saved Total = £1,560.26 / £5,000

Secured/Unsecured loans x 0
    Credit Cards x 6 (total limit £24,250)
    Creation FS Retail Account x 1
    0% Overdraft x 1 (£250)
    Mortgage x £140,250
    Debt = £549.00 (0%APR due 22nd July 2024)

Charity fundraising goal for 2024 = £1,000 for animal rehoming / dog fostering etc
  • djh
    Options
    djh said:
    djh said:

Providing this is within the last 30 days I would have a discussion with the Sainsbury's Store Manager, explain the situation and they can review the CCTV (try to remember the date and time as precisely as you can). If you didn't take the money, with a 'shocked' or unusual reaction seen then you can stop doubting yourself.
    Good point,one I hadn't thought of.Many thanks.
    I will post what the outcome is,however it may take a while.

• retiredbanker1
    Options
    Nationwide will know to the second the exact time and date of the withdrawal.
  • Largs
    Largs Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 December 2023 at 1:49AM
    Options
    This has happened to me twice.  Once at a TSB Speedbank, I was half sleeping and I walked away without money.  I called my bank, Alliance & Leicester GIRO and they told me it would cost too much to send to LINK so credited me with £10.  Years and years later I was at a Royal Bank Cashline and it took in the money. I know you mentioned Ronnie Barker and being fast but I don't remember the Cashline being fast.  It gave me enough time but I was drunk.  I was reunited with my funds that time too after them investigating.  I hope you get everthing settled, it's just sometimes when you read the papers...  I ordered a £500 mobile phone and I got a can of cat food from Amazon.  I asked for £70 from the cash machine but it took it back faster than........I think I am trying to say I am a doubting Thomas, sorry but I am.
  • djh
    Options
    djh said:
    djh said:
    djh said:

Good point,one I hadn't thought of.Many thanks.
    I will post what the outcome is,however it may take a while.

A special thanks for MrFrugalFever . I followed your advice and now know I am not going out of my mind .
  • Zopa_Trooper
    Options
    Cash? Oh, yes, I remember.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,590 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nationwide will know to the second the exact time and date of the withdrawal.
    The receipt that was issued should have the date & exact time on it surely ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure