The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2024

Comments

• maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    So to finish by November 2024 I need to start saving in December. Having just been paid I have decided to go backwards so have transferred £108.50 #15 to a new savings account. Probably quite mad but it makes sense to me! @enthusiasticsaver I’ll look forward to seeing the spreadsheet in January, December is always such a busy time. I have almost completed my Christmas shopping so have used my savings from 2023 and having saved it’s made life a lot less stressful. 

Thank you for restarting this challenge. 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,558 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    maggiem said:
    So to finish by November 2024 I need to start saving in December. Having just been paid I have decided to go backwards so have transferred £108.50 #15 to a new savings account. Probably quite mad but it makes sense to me! @enthusiasticsaver I’ll look forward to seeing the spreadsheet in January, December is always such a busy time. I have almost completed my Christmas shopping so have used my savings from 2023 and having saved it’s made life a lot less stressful. 

Thank you for restarting this challenge. 
    That makes sense and glad it has helped you. I used a different challenge to pay for Christmas. This one is going towards holidays next year. 

I will set up the spreadsheet from December for those who start and finish early.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I'll sign up for 2024 please, ES! I might try to double the total next year...will see how it goes as I will be unemployed for a spell over the summer. I'm #73 in the 2023 challenge.
  • I'll sign up for 2024 please, ES! I might try to double the total next year...will see how it goes as I will be unemployed for a spell over the summer. I'm #73 in the 2023 challenge.
    I will allocate a number to you now but I don't plan on allocating up to 73.  About 40% signed up  in 2023 but  never participated or posted so I am allocating numbers to 2023 regulars now and newbies in January. 

You are #2 for 2024. Sorry about the unemployment and very ambitious to double the target. Good luck. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    I will allocate a number to you now but I don't plan on allocating up to 73.  About 40% signed up  in 2023 but  never participated or posted so I am allocating numbers to 2023 regulars now and newbies in January. 

You are #2 for 2024. Sorry about the unemployment and very ambitious to double the target. Good luck. 
    Thanks, ES! The unemployment will be ok! I'm due to finish my PhD in the summer and might have a period of looking for work, but it might all line up nicely. I'm not worried, just excited to finish and be Dr thegreenhouse :D haha.

Thanks for signing me up. Not fussed about the number!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    I'll sign up for 2024 please, ES! I might try to double the total next year...will see how it goes as I will be unemployed for a spell over the summer. I'm #73 in the 2023 challenge.

Thanks, ES! The unemployment will be ok! I'm due to finish my PhD in the summer and might have a period of looking for work, but it might all line up nicely. I'm not worried, just excited to finish and be Dr thegreenhouse :D haha.

Thanks for signing me up. Not fussed about the number!
    Good luck with finishing off the PhD.  Lots of writing up to do presumably then? 
  • Hi 
    please could I be added for this year. I’ve started today and aiming to do it backwards.  However, for Dec 2023 - I’m doing January’s amount (normal way round). This is because I did start in Jan 2023 but didn’t realise this forum was here. 
    I can’t afford to do two Dec amounts this month! 🤣
    but I have really enjoyed the saving challenge. 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Hi 
    please could I be added for this year. I’ve started today and aiming to do it backwards.  However, for Dec 2023 - I’m doing January’s amount (normal way round). This is because I did start in Jan 2023 but didn’t realise this forum was here. 
    I can’t afford to do two Dec amounts this month! 🤣
    but I have really enjoyed the saving challenge. 
    Shall I just add you from January 24 then? That is when the challenge normally starts although there are some starting this month and finishing November 24. I will allocate a number to you on your first update. 
  • yes please, i have enjoyed this challenge this year and has certainly helped my save for xmas.
    Thank you for running it again, much appreciated
    thank you

Flowers x
    ♥️2024 challenges
    #4 365 1p a day challenge 2024 ~ £295/£760🌸
    #6 £1 a day challenge 2024 ~ £152/366 🌸 Decluttering 2024🎖️🎖️🎖️🏅🏅🥇🌸 DS2🏅🏅DD 🥇🌸 #2 52 week Cash stuffing challenge 🌸
    PA challenge £60 a month - Jan ✅ /Feb ✅/Mar ✅ /Apr/May/ Jun/Jul/Aug /Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 🌸
  • Hi I would love to do this challenge again in 2024. I was no 3 in 2023 but will take any number that is easy for you to manage. Thanks for running this challenge again.
    It is the job that is never started that takes the longest to finish. Tolkien.
    Save 12k in 2024 No 6 365 1p challenge 2024 No 3
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure