The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2024

Options
enthusiasticsaver
enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,595 Ambassador
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
This challenge has been running for a number of years and is so popular I have agreed to run it again in 2024. Feel free to join in by posting on the thread.  

The aim is to save £667.95 by the end of 2024 by saving 1p on 1st January, 2p on 2nd January and so on all the way up to £3.65 on 31 December.  As 2024 is a leap year there will be an additional day so an extra  £3.66. You do not have to do it in a set order. 

Read @MSE_Molly blog for further information. 
How to save £671.61 in 2024 with the 1p Savings Challenge (moneysavingexpert.com)

I attach a link to the chart created by MSE showing the daily amounts. 
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/content/dam/1p-challenge.pdf

Here is a link to a sheet I will update as the year goes on with savers progress. 
The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2024 - Google Sheets

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,927 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello ES - Just doing my November 23 numbers when this popped into the firing line.  Happy to keep #17 for 2024 as well.

Thanks so much for doing this again.  I love reusing a random number spreadsheet!!
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • MSE_Molly
    Options
    Thanks so much @enthusiasticsaver for setting this up once again! We know how much the Forumites love it. Stay tuned for our refreshed MSE blog...
    9pq8rzqiakm0.png MSE's Academy of Money digital badge

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    To report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I’d like to do this again please and will start in December in order to draw out at the end of November if that makes sense. I’d like to keep #15 if possible but this may be too complicated! 

Thanks again to @enthusiasticsaver for running this challenge again. 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    mark55man said:
    Hello ES - Just doing my November 23 numbers when this popped into the firing line.  Happy to keep #17 for 2024 as well.

Thanks so much for doing this again.  I love reusing a random number spreadsheet!!
    That’s great and as you were a regular poster on this years thread I am happy to let you keep #17. Not sure the random number suits me so I am going to do it the conventional way this year without the derailment of financing a new car 😀
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    maggiem said:
    I’d like to do this again please and will start in December in order to draw out at the end of November if that makes sense. I’d like to keep #15 if possible but this may be too complicated! 

Thanks again to @enthusiasticsaver for running this challenge again. 
    That’s fine. I can let you keep #15 as you were a regular poster too. You can start and withdraw whenever. 
  • geordiejon
    Options
    morning, will be starting the challenge in december to finish next november but will post first save at the end of jan to include this year.
    if its ok could i have number 8 this year.
    thanks for 2023 thread as it made xmas better than in previous years.
  • _Dolly_Rocker_
    Options
    I would love to join!

Thank you for setting this up. 
    2024 Plan - Pay Debt Off
    Starting - £TBC
    Current - £TBC

Mortgage Free in 2030 Club Member
    Original MF date 2036 || Target 2030 || Goal: Pay the debt and mortgage. Save an emergency fund. Save for retirement. Have fun!

3-6 Month Emergency Fund
    #25 - _Dolly_rocker_ - £10.00/£10,000.00 - 6 Month EF
  • laura_lau
    Options
    I would love to join for the first time! Thank you for setting this up, looking forward to it!
    My debt free journey starts on 30/08/2023:

CC1 - 5,151.92 now 5,110.89
    CC2 - 4,625.87 now 4,710.77
    CC3 - 4,166.15 now 4,447.66
    Current outstanding total: 14,269.32

Aiming to be debt free by Dec 2026.

April 2024 No-Spend Day Challenge - 15/18
    NST April 2024 - 
    #21 1p savings challenge 2024 £158.11/£671.61
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Thanks for the interest so far.  I am happy to allocate the same numbers to those who joined in on this years challenge and will allocate numbers to new joiners on their first update. Welcome to all. 

I know some like to finish early so I will set up the spreadsheet from mid December. 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    MSE_Molly said:
    Thanks so much @enthusiasticsaver for setting this up once again! We know how much the Forumites love it. Stay tuned for our refreshed MSE blog...
    I look forward to it.  It is certainly a popular challenge. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback