Prosperous & Creative Soul & MFW Year 3

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,211 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope your cleaner comes 😊
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,721 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    That was a nice thing to do for your cleaner, appreciation goes a long way!  Hope you get sorted at the docs. 
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,211 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    How lovely of you to pay cleaner :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hope your GP appt went well and your injury heals ASAP. 
    Mortgage start date Dec 2015 - $64,655.00
    Mortgage end date Dec 2045 - NOT!!!!
    Mortgage balance  - $4600.00
    Business Savings $43,310/100k
    Hope to be mortgage-free by end of 2023 
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thanks Lucielle and Beanie. 

I try to apply grace to people who do jobs for me - just like I expect grace from my employer. I'm lucky right now I comparatively have money - that may not always be the case.  I'm grateful I don't formally pay sick or holiday pay though as she is self-employed. It the 3rd time in a month she's had an issue though - but it's a carp time of year to be ill or have car trouble when you have xmas gifts to buy etc. I'd rather be generous to someone I know rather than give to an anonymous cause. Too many people under-pay people who do jobs for them but are generous to church or other charities - not realising the immediate need right under their noses.

The doctor was really patient and lovely.

My AVCs and my mini V pension seem happier again and have recovered what they lost the other month. Always nice. I try not to look too often. I'm frustrated that the house move is taking so long as I really want to increase my AVCs but don't want to worry the mortgage provider by doing it in advance of moving!

Just nipped to Mr A - bought £12 of food - at least 2/3 of it was YS although not fully reduced. I used £9 of vouchers so only £3 of real £. I have used at least £23 of vouchers recently between Mr A, C00p, HC and Am**** so happy with that.

To do 
    1. Write a p1p letter of support for someone tonight. My brain is currently rebelling although I will do it.
    2. Print off my transfer forms for the solicitor and sign and get them witnessed and return them.
    3. Pick up prescriptions. I now have 3 owings - 1 for patches and 2 part of order. I need to chase one prescription which hadn't arrived from GP despite it being ordered by 24/11/23.
    4. Continue wrapping gifts as part of making lounge more respectable again - or failing that - put things in bags and hide in a different room so its less messy and overwhelming.
    I now have YS chicken with stuffing balls, streaky bacon and YS roasties and YS broccoli and carrots cooking. I put another item in the freezer for another day. I also got some grapes and croquettes and milk. I'm hoping between that and the freezer contents I can delay a proper shop for a while longer.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 2,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Ouch to the burn.
    The middle part of house buying and selling always feels so slow and frustrating.  Hopefully you will move into the next phase soon.
  • savingholmes
    Thanks Leigh and Blackcats.

Just done my letter of support - 4 pages!! Hope it does the trick. I also wrote most of their initial form. I hate the process.

I need to go and check my food! Forgot all about it - luckily the oven was on a timer so it should be okay even if not ideal. I'm at least 30 minutes late checking it! I am now debating just having porridge instead and leaving it for tomorrow. Will see how I feel when I see it - perhaps I could just have a small amount now and save the rest.
    3) CC £3.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
  • savingholmes
    I wrapped a couple of sets of Xmas presents yesterday for little kids (bigger items for not a lot of spend) so that has improved the lounge situation a little. I need to keep going but unlikely to do much of that tonight as I have art class later which should be fun.

Slept badly again. Eating too late isn't helping - so need a firmer cut off time. It was cold overnight - I ended up putting an extra layer on. Heating properly on this morning as hard frost outside and house fell to 13 degrees. I try to get it to at least 18 twice a day. I still have a couple of pink roses in flower outside but not for long I suspect.

I need to make myself move and get dressed and ready for work. At least I am working from home today although I have multiple meetings.

Note to self - resist any more Am**** or HC buying!!

Have a good day all. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure