Prosperous & Creative Soul & MFW Year 3

Comments

• KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Following along again 😊

KK
    As at 17.03.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £255,571, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 13 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 9th April)
    Produce tracker: £22.24 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • Ah lovely to see your opening post looking  backwards, present day and forwards . 
    Maybe when I buy I will start again a new post but got to get there first! 

You have a really stable financial situation with your pensions etc - yes I think a long fix given you might do creative stuff as mortgage brokers really don’t like that! But great you have 3 years to run 

I love having personalised gifts so I am sure your art will be a great success 
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • That is very good news regarding your handy man being willing to come and work at your new house.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Happy new diary!
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    That is very good news regarding your handy man being willing to come and work at your new house.
    Thanks I was relieved. I will probably ask him to come asap and change the locks as well as help get curtains up etc. Failing that I have asked my cleaner if she can help on moving day. It should make things less daunting.

TallGirl said:
    Good news about the handy man if you have professionals move you then you could get him to help you put things in order afterwards like reassemble or assemble furniture and move things around. There might also be stuff you want doing immediately to make the garden safer. 

Spending on stuff you want and then using the voucher for food makes sense. You've earned with hard work so do spend it. I’ve only ever got a voucher once and I spent it on some golf clubs that I still use. It always reminds me. 
    Thanks TG. Yes I could get him to do something with the terracing as I'm not sure it's secure. Help moving stuff around as you say would also be fab.

Thanks for the vote for guilt free spends. I struggle not to beat myself up even though I will meet big savings goals this month and next.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works £11.1K
    3) CC £2.5K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure