Purchased a car, MOT was passed same day but may not be properly done

Options
1235»

Comments

• tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,941 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unrelated to the issues but the insurer wants another £327 to change car to the fiesta, which I always thought were cheap and cheerful to run and insure. That's for an over 50s couple (spouse and I) with full NCD. That's a lot considering I already paid £200 more in May when I changed car from the new MG I had issues with (thread on here) for which I was paying £580 a year. Because i'm changing cars during the policy year, the insurer is just ripping me off.

A new policy with the same insurer would be £1,100 which is a lot.
  • angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ford fiesta are popular with young lads who crash them with several mates in the car. This leads to expensive injury claims. My Fiesta was considerably more expensive to insure than previous cars and when I got rid of it my next car was much cheaper to insure. Always pays to check insurance cost before buying so you don't get caught out. 
  • tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,941 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    angrycrow said:
    Ford fiesta are popular with young lads who crash them with several mates in the car. This leads to expensive injury claims. My Fiesta was considerably more expensive to insure than previous cars and when I got rid of it my next car was much cheaper to insure. Always pays to check insurance cost before buying so you don't get caught out. 
    True.

But still excessive for what my insurer wants extra for 2 and half months (£327 more). I'm not a kid and that's a full year premium for some people.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback