Give us your ideas for the new Forum homepage

Options
MSE_Laura_F
MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,570 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
edited 27 November 2023 at 4:10PM in Site feedback

The new Forum homepage is here! 

We hope you enjoy checking it out. Our homepage is going to be a showcase for all the most interesting, important and useful content from across the community, as well as highlighting fun threads and topics. It will be updated regularly, so you should always discover something... especially if you use the new ‘Take me to a random thread!’ button. 

To make it the best homepage we can, we need YOU to tell us about the sort of things you’d like to see on it. If you’ve got an idea for a new section or feature, this thread is the place to tell us. 

We’ve created a new ‘Hero Homepage’ badge. If anything of yours is featured on the homepage, we'll award you with a one-off badge.

For any feedback on the rest of the Forum’s new look (bugs, broken buttons etc), please use this survey rather than commenting here. This will help us get to any technical issues more quickly. 

Thank you.

Comments

• MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,199 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Options
    We've moved a few replies from this thread across to the main thread for comments on the new look 

Please use this thread for creative ideas for showcasing the best of the Forum on our new homepage, and the other one for questions and comments about the new look and how things work.
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A suggestion is to let us have more than 10 posts a page on the latest discussions as that is so limited now and we can't customise it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Saver73
    Saver73 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A suggestion is to let us have more than 10 posts a page on the latest discussions as that is so limited now and we can't customise it.
    I agree!

Also not sure a preview of the post is needed as that takes up space. I usually read threads/posts on my tablet and it now works better in portrait except then I can't see page numbers.

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,103 Forumite
    Options
    Saver73 said:
    I agree!

Also not sure a preview of the post is needed as that takes up space. I usually read threads/posts on my tablet and it now works better in portrait except then I can't see page numbers.

I agree with both of you, it looks better on my iPhone but I rarely use than on here, mostly use iPad and again looks better in portrait but not for me.

I cant comment about all the other bells and whistles as I'm happy just reading the information and sometimes commenting 
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I think it is hard to showcase 'the best of the forums' because at the moment it's not obvious.
    So many good forums that to pick one or two may interest very few people.
    At the moment the Home Page which I can't see listed on the top bar and had to search for, looks very much like a huge page of click bait adverts rather than important topics.

I initially liked seeing the write up about Octopus energy which is a hot topic. I'd rather see more of the features linked there and in a smaller size so I could browse quickly to see if there was any new news relevant to me.
    Smaller altogether - maybe with links to other features on the same topic so taking Octopus as an example is there any other news about other energy companies? Could that news/names be linked for a follow through?

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

• 2childmum2
    2childmum2 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Please put the list of actual boards at the top of the homepage so we can find them easily, rather than having to scroll past a lot of featured stuff. And I would rather not have to keep swiping sideways to find  them too. And please make the favourite boards link part of the list as it was before. (And please get rid of the red circle which has been in the way the whole time I have tried to write this post)
  • BootsMullery
    BootsMullery Posts: 2,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Please put the list of actual boards at the top of the homepage so we can find them easily, rather than having to scroll past a lot of featured stuff. And I would rather not have to keep swiping sideways to find  them too. And please make the favourite boards link part of the list as it was before. (And please get rid of the red circle which has been in the way the whole time I have tried to write this post)
    The "Favourite Boards" is included in the Quick Links list... only it is now called Followed Content.
    Bob
  • williewonder
    Options
    Its really rubbish now this format 
  • 2childmum2
    2childmum2 Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Boots
    So to get to my 'followed content' I now have to  click on the menu, then click on quick links then click on followed content. Rather than it being an option on the home page. (This is on a mobile). 

So my suggestion for the homepage is to include a followed content option.
  • NoMore
    NoMore Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just get rid of it, its utterly useless, give us a list of boards instead.

I have zero interest in a curated list of 'favourite' threads that I have no input on.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback