Chip Feedback

Options
dont_use_vistaprint
dont_use_vistaprint Posts: 601 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 19 May 2023 at 12:44PM in Savings & investments
Rates are good but not possible to contact customer service. 

A few times I’ve needed to contact Chase and Marcus and always been able to speak to someone on the phone but it’s not possible with chip.

The issue is it’s not true instant access like Marcus and Chase. Deposited 25K and it will only allow me to withdraw £500

Anyone have other concerns using chip ? 
"It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comments

• EthicsGradient
    Options
    I successfully withdrew over £5,000 from Chip to my linked current account a few days ago. There must be some particular problem with your account.

There is a "Contact us" option under "Profile" in the app, allowing you to send them messages.
  • Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 2,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you link to open banking, Ive just moved 2k to my main bank, then sent it back.
    Both times it was instant.
  • mattywallace121
    Options
    Never had any issues depositing or withdrawing.
  • Beddie
    Beddie Posts: 666 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sent them an email and they were good at resolving my issue, But no, it's not as quick as calling someone up.

As others have said, transfers are instant and I have moved quite large amounts in and out.
  • Band7
    Band7 Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have made countless withdrawals, mostly 5-figure sums, over the last 6 months. All withdrawals arrived in my current account within seconds, without fail.

I have not had reason to contact their CS so cannot comment on that aspect.
  • Van_Girl
    Van_Girl Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Never had any issues with withdrawals, up to £10k ish at one point I think

I haven't needed to contact CS for anything, so no idea of the quality of that
    £12k in 24 #14 £3642.65/£19k 23 #14 £17,195.80/£18k 22 #20 £23,024.86/£23k
      Debt Free January 2021
    • masonic
      masonic Posts: 23,406 Forumite
      Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
      Options
      I withdrew a low 5-figure sum recently, was in my linked account by the time I opened its app to check. I've not had any issues with payments, and have sent many in both directions. I've got a prompt reply to messages sent through online chat on the couple of occasions I needed to ask them something.
    • Rollinghome
      Rollinghome Posts: 2,676 Forumite
      Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
      edited 20 May 2023 at 12:06PM
      Options
      Their T&Cs state that withdrawals to the nominated account "may take up to five working days following a withdrawal request"  but I don't recall seeing what the maximum daily withdrawal rate is, or whether there is one.  Does anyone know?

I've made test withdrawals of a few hundred, which were instant, but nothing seriously large.
    • Band7
      Band7 Posts: 2,285 Forumite
      First Post Name Dropper
      Options
      Their T&Cs state that withdrawals to the nominated account "may take up to five working days following a withdrawal request"  but I don't recall seeing what the maximum daily withdrawal rate is, or whether there is one.  Does anyone know?

I've made test withdrawals of a few hundred, which were instant, but nothing seriously large.
      These terms don't apply to the instant access account. CHIP do also offer investment accounts, for which 5 working days to settle isn't unusual.

The terms pertaining to the IA state it may take up to 2 hours for your cash funds to reach your bank account. I have made countless withdrawals, incl, quite substantial 5-figure ones, which have always been instant.

The terms don't specify a withdrawal amount limit, and I am not aware that anyone has encountered one. I certainly haven't.
    • dont_use_vistaprint
      Options
      Well I still can’t withdraw a penny and no one from chip has replied to my emails they are having high levels of support and apologise. 

As soon as possible I’ll be withdrawing it all and closing, seems a high risk app with no method of contacting them whatsoever when things go wrong
      "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 173.2K Life & Family
    • 248.1K Travel & Transport
    • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure