£100 payment - Nationwide Fairer Share

Comments

• Freebird53
    Freebird53 Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well, their £100 give away has been very well timed and paid out just before the AGM. Just saying.
    I think NW are great. Received £200, last year, for switching an account to them. 1 x £8 and 2 x £10 for supermarket spend. The icing on the cake has been £100 so-called fair share.
    Taken the ill gotten gains, closed the account and gone elsewhere. B)

We need more like you, shafting the system.
    Then perhaps these institutions will give a little more thought as to how they treat their 'loyal' customers!
  • pridehappy
    pridehappy Posts: 324
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I believe those who use the society for their everyday banking and savings should be rewarded, not just those who are taking advantage of one or two products, which Nationwide have done. They are actively contributing to the society, and are the ones they interact with most. Plus,
    it’s nice to see a bank/building society actually rewarding loyalty, not just for switching!
  • Initially it was for the switch "reward".
    No inkling, then, of anything further. (Supermarket spend, "Fairer" share).
    I was more than content with the initial reward but more than willing to accept something extra that I didn't ask for or anticipate.
    I would have probably stayed with them, but for a reason that will not be acceptable to reveal here, I closed.
    Having run out of options for another secondary account, I was willing to stay.
  • Deramore12
    Deramore12 Posts: 18
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Both my wife and i have a Nationwide Flex Account and  as customers were expecting £100 each as loyal Nationwide customers.  25 years.
    We have had a mortgage now paid off and house insurance. 

We assumed we would get the £100. 

Nope.

Its a flexPLUS account PLUS A SAVINGS ACCOUNTS .. Or MORTGAGE 

If you just have a flexplus account on its own you are apparently not counted as a nationwide customer.

Every article i have read 12 in total says being a Flexplus Account Holder qualifies...it doesn't.   Its even HERE on the Monesavingdexpert website !!! 

They are getting 000s of complaints a day so now have a dedicated phone number and team handling all the enquires.

• ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,051
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Both my wife and i have a Nationwide Flex Account and  as customers were expecting £100 each as loyal Nationwide customers.  25 years.
    We have had a mortgage now paid off and house insurance. 

We assumed we would get the £100. 

Nope.

Its a flexPLUS account PLUS A SAVINGS ACCOUNTS .. Or MORTGAGE 

If you just have a flexplus account on its own you are apparently not counted as a nationwide customer.

Every article i have read 12 in total says being a Flexplus Account Holder qualifies...it doesn't.   Its even HERE on the Monesavingdexpert website !!! 

They are getting 000s of complaints a day so now have a dedicated phone number and team handling all the enquires.

This has all been discussed at length in some other threads, and I've linked mine in case you want to read about other people with similar experiences: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6447386/100-payment-nationwide-fairer-share#latest

A FlexPlus is a qualifying current account, but the terms require that you also hold a qualifying mortgage or savings account too.

You may be referring to a different article, but this MSE article makes it clear a savings or mortgage is needed too - https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2023/05/nationwide-fairer-share-100-to-customers/

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/about-us/fairer-share/terms-and-conditions/?_its=JTdCJTIydmlkJTIyJTNBJTIyMzMwZTMxMmQtOTE5My00NmRmLWExYmMtZjc3NDNjODRhOGY2JTIyJTJDJTIyc3RhdGUlMjIlM0ElMjJybHR%2BMTY4Nzc4ODI2M35sYW5kfjJfMjY0NDk1X2RpcmVjdF9mYTZkMGI2ZGQ3NTlkNjQyOTFmMTdhM2RkOGEyNjZkYiUyMiUyQyUyMnNpdGVJZCUyMiUzQTM5NDk4JTdE

If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • Deramore12
    Forumite
    edited 26 June 2023 at 2:28PM
    There is massive stink brewing.

They said all Nationwide Customers,  that is what the media picked up on, that is what what the bank said in its headlines, and indeed its even on THIS  MONESAVINGEXPERT WEB PAGE.

If you are a Flex Account holder  or FlexPlus customer you are not classed as Nationwide customers, its ONLY actually savings +mortgage to qualify. 

The stench is so bad think Hoover and Ratners,  they now have it as as 1st option when you call them. 

The lad i spoke to laughed and said they have brought in a dedicated team handling 000s of enquiries a day from totally disgruntled Nationwide customers who are now  checking their account and realising they are NOT receiving any monies, they  "thought" they were Nationwide customers but are clearly not.

• ForumUser7
    Forumite
    edited 26 June 2023 at 2:20PM
    There is massive stink brewing.

They said all Nationwide Customers,  that is what the media picked up on  vwhat tje bank said, and indeed its even on THIS WEB PAGE.

If you are a Flex Account holder  or FlexPlus customer you are not classed as Nationwide customers, its ONLY actually savings +mortgage to qualify. 

Its so bad they now have it as as 1st option when you call them.  The lad i spoke to laughed and said there is now a dedicated team handling 000s of enquiries a day from totally ddisgruntled nationwide customers  checking their account  and NOT receiving any monies, they  "thought" they were Nationwide customers but are clearly not.

https://www.nationwidemediacentre.co.uk/news/nationwide-building-society-launches-nationwide-fairer-share-to-return-greater-value-to-members

• The Nationwide Fairer Share Payment will see members with the deepest relationships rewarded with £100. It will share £340 million with eligible2 members holding both a qualifying current account and a qualifying savings or mortgage product. 

• Full eligibility criteria can be found here. In summary:
    • Current account: To be a qualifying current account, your account must have been open on 31 March 2023. See here for further criteria. Qualifying members must still have a current account in June.
    • Savings: You will have had qualifying savings if you had at least £100 in total in one or more personal savings accounts or cash ISAs with Nationwide at the end of any day in March 2023.
    • Mortgage: To be a qualifying mortgage, you must owe us at least £100 on your Nationwide residential mortgage on 31 March 2023.
    I understand why this has frustrated you and others, but Nationwide has always been clear that it is only 'eligible' members, not all members.
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • Deramore12
    Forumite
    Its totally mis leading.
  • ForumUser7
    Forumite
    edited 26 June 2023 at 2:37PM
    Its totally mis leading.
    Have you got a link still for the misleading article you read, and can you tell us which part you found misleading? If you think an article is misleading, you could complain to the organisation, and then to a body such as the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Truth and transparency in the media is increasingly important, in a time in which fake news runs rife on social media. The editor will then work with the body to rectify the article, and potentially put into place measures to avoid such things happening in the future. 

With regards to the dedicated phone number for Nationwide customers who are disappointed they didn't get the payment, are you able to share this number please? Some forumites may find it of use.

• datz
    datz Posts: 159
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 26 June 2023 at 4:53PM
    I believe those who use the society for their everyday banking and savings should be rewarded, not just those who are taking advantage of one or two products, which Nationwide have done. They are actively contributing to the society, and are the ones they interact with most. Plus,
    it’s nice to see a bank/building society actually rewarding loyalty, not just for switching!
    Except that isn't really the case. The qualifying criteria used are perhaps a bit arbitrary and easy to inadvertently meet - I got the £100 payment just because I have a current account and their (competitive) 'Start to Save' regular saver. I have no loyalty to any financial institution, I will take 'excessive' advantage of any offers available to me, I will use those accounts with the largest returns, and I am unlikely to be significantly profitable to any of them. If this is what 'rewarding loyalty' and 'actively contributing to the society' look like...

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback