What age did you give children chocolate Easter eggs till?

Options

Comments

• Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My kids are aged 32-40 and we buy them (and their kids) Easter eggs… my mum buys Easter eggs for my sisters and me so it would be a bit odd if I thought my kids were too old for them, wouldn’t it?
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No children in my immediate family, hubby and I buy each other an egg and then we buy one for my dad (81) and my brother (48). We will hand out eggs this Sunday as we were unable to last week as hubby and I had covid, and Easter plans had to be rescheduled!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • FarmGirl78
    FarmGirl78 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm 44 and still get Easter eggs, although over the last few years it's turned into a box of 6 cream eggs.
  • caprikid1
    caprikid1 Posts: 2,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    54 this year and still get an easter egg from my parents, would be a sad day if that stopped ! If I stopped believing in the Easter Bunny I may start to question the existence of Santa Clause, Justice for those without money etc
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 April 2023 at 8:25AM
    Options
    Still exchange eggs in my family, I’m 32 this year!

This year I organised a secret Easter bunny game (effectively secret Santa but for Easter) which everyone enjoyed, including me!
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm in my 40s and I live 1800km away from my mum but she sends me an Easter Egg every year :)
  • ch3shirecat4
    Options
    i still give my kids a little easter basket full with chocolate and their still aged 22 and 19 i just love doing it and they still appreciate it because who doesn't love chocolate?
  • mcleanparsons2
    Options
    It's true that traditions around giving children chocolate Easter eggs can vary from family to family. It's heartwarming to see how you continue to buy Easter eggs for your kids, DS's girlfriend, and even organize an Easter egg hunt for them, despite them being in their 20s.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I didn't even know the Easter Bunny was a "thing" and was under the impression that kids knew it as a mythical story. Imagine my shock when my twins came home from school telling me a REAL easter bunny had left chocolate eggs in their friends garden, and they'd told their friend that clearly their parents had done it as there was no such thing. Ohps.  :#

I give my kids £5. They are wise enough even at age 7 to know that you get far more chocolate in a bar than an easter egg! They tend to prefer a book or spending it on an activity!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pinkshoes said:
    They are wise enough even at age 7 to know that you get far more chocolate in a bar than an easter egg! They tend to prefer a book or spending it on an activity!
    I've had this conversation as an adult with workmates about chocolate eggs for ourselves and have come to the conclusion that there is just something special about the thinness of chocolate Easter eggs that you don't get replicated at any other time of year, so if you're wanting more bang for buck, yeah buy everyday chocolate bars, for the annual thinness buy an Easter egg.

Because they were adults and only me providing them, for my gang this year I went for a larger egg as their  main one, a smaller egg (the £1-ish ones) a pack of several eggs and an Easter choc bar. 2 are getting married this year, the 3rd is their bridesmaid so more chocolate for the same  money I don't think they'd have wanted anyway. One is left, that's because it was in the shape of a Cockapoo not an Easter egg and DD considers it too cute to eat!    

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback