Dwp threatening letter
Been getting letters from DWP (collections department) claiming that I owe them money from 1998, for an over payment , I actually thought it was paid off but a few years ago they started sending me letters demanding payment, I thought it was a scam so ignored but not they are saying court action is inevitable unless I pay.
Thing is how do I know they aren't wrong and I did pay up, this was 20 off years ago ! Can I demand evidence that backs up their claim ?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.4K Spending & Discounts
- 232K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.7K Life & Family
- 245.2K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards