IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help Needed! Please can I get some feedback on my defence.

Options

Comments

• Skysurfer69
    Options
    Umkomaas said:

Did you add the template defence additional paragraphs to the two you've shown us above, plus @Coupon-mad's suggestions?  Did you email it to the CCBC as a pdf file?
    Yes sir, all of the above.

I added about 7 additional paragraphs. Emailed as a PDF to CCBC and DCB and received an acknowledgement almost immediately.
  • Skysurfer69
    Options
    Hi all, a quick update and question.

I submitted my defence on 1st March and sent a copy to DCB at that point as per the guidance I received email acknowledgement immediately. I later received a letter from the CCBC again acknowledging receipt and stating that the claimant has 28 days to contact the court otherwise the claim is stayed. 

It's been eerily quiet since then. I was expecting something from them in all honesty.

It's now the 29th of March and assuming CCBC forwarded a copy to the claimant via regular mail, we can safely assume 2 days or so for them to have received it, so, I'm guessing I'll be hearing something in the coming days.

What's the general consensus here about what's going to follow? Is it common for them to wait until the 11th hour to pursue their claim, or is this the point where they tend to give up? 

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You just continue as advised in the Newbies/FAQ thread, second post. It tells you what happens and when. Even if the DCB Legal forget to pay the court fee and it is stayed, they will get a reminder from the CCBC and still be allowed to un-stay it.

The scamming pair, UKPC and DCB Legal, have a habit of discontinuing at the 11th hour. Even if they don't you still defend the claim. Did you read this thread to see the typical outcome for these Claims:

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

• Skysurfer69
    Options
    B789 said:
    You just continue as advised in the Newbies/FAQ thread, second post. It tells you what happens and when. Even if the DCB Legal forget to pay the court fee and it is stayed, they will get a reminder from the CCBC and still be allowed to un-stay it.

The scamming pair, UKPC and DCB Legal, have a habit of discontinuing at the 11th hour. Even if they don't you still defend the claim. Did you read this thread to see the typical outcome for these Claims:

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

I did indeed, thanks :)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all, a quick update and question.

I submitted my defence on 1st March and sent a copy to DCB at that point as per the guidance I received email acknowledgement immediately. I later received a letter from the CCBC again acknowledging receipt and stating that the claimant has 28 days to contact the court otherwise the claim is stayed. 

It's been eerily quiet since then. I was expecting something from them in all honesty.

It's now the 29th of March and assuming CCBC forwarded a copy to the claimant via regular mail, we can safely assume 2 days or so for them to have received it, so, I'm guessing I'll be hearing something in the coming days.

What's the general consensus here about what's going to follow? Is it common for them to wait until the 11th hour to pursue their claim, or is this the point where they tend to give up? 
    The CCBC sent you a letter saying the Claimant has twenty eight days to consider your Defence.
    What you don't know is when the CCBC sent a copy of your Defence to the Claimant. 
    It follows from that that it is not known when the Claimant has to respond to the CCBC. 
    Further, we don't know what delays there are in the CCBC that means they don't send you a Directions Questionnaire as promptly as you might like.
    Can I suggest that you keep checking your MCOL Claim History and as soon as you see that the CCBC has sent a DQ to you, you are ready to download a DQ, complete it and fire it back at the CCBC, remembering to send a copy to the Claimant of course?
  • Skysurfer69
    Skysurfer69 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 31 March 2023 at 2:07PM
    Options
    KeithP said:

The CCBC sent you a letter saying the Claimant has twenty eight days to consider your Defence.
    What you don't know is when the CCBC sent a copy of your Defence to the Claimant. 
    It follows from that that it is not known when the Claimant has to respond to the CCBC. 
    Further, we don't know what delays there are in the CCBC that means they don't send you a Directions Questionnaire as promptly as you might like.
    Can I suggest that you keep checking your MCOL Claim History and as soon as you see that the CCBC has sent a DQ to you, you are ready to download a DQ, complete it and fire it back at the CCBC, remembering to send a copy to the Claimant of course?
    Thanks KeithP. This makes sense.

I've checked my MCOL History and there has been no activity since my defence was received on 01/03/2023. No sign of a DQ yet. 

I'll keep that tab open and keep an eye out for any movement
  • Skysurfer69
    edited 5 April 2023 at 7:51PM
    Options
    Hi all, just received a letter from DCB in the mail saying their Client is going to proceed with their claim. So i guess we're back on track as this is all expected, based on the newbie thread.

One thing I did notice however is that their N180 - DQ form looks like the older version and is lacking/missing the updated section D - Suitability for determination without a hearing and jumps straight to the older format About the hearing

Does this matter in any way or is it just an oversight?

One would think that legal representatives would be all over this type of thing...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 April 2023 at 8:04PM
    Options
    Normal for DCB dunces.  No solicitor is involved at this conveyor belt bulk litigation stage.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all, just received a letter from DCB in the mail saying their Client is going to proceed with their claim.

You were expecting that weren't you?

Item 7 on that checklist you were following when you filed a Defence says...

Items 8, 9 and 10 on that list might also be worth another look.
  • Skysurfer69
    Options
    Hi all, 

So, almost 2 months after filing (and receiving acknowledgement) my DQ I have received a Notice of Proposed Allocation to Small Claims. 

This has a DQ attached and says I need to file it by the 8th of June. 

Is this another case of poor handling by the CCBC? 

I checked the case in MCOL, and I can see that the Claimant suddenly sprang back into action and filed a DQ on 22/05 but nowhere in the case transactions do I see that I have filed my DQ

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback