IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help Needed! Please can I get some feedback on my defence.

Comments

• Skysurfer69
    Skysurfer69 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 February 2023 at 1:37PM
    Wow! I'm gobsmacked, thanks so much for that. I would never have been able to come up with the extra paragraphs. 

Rather than edit the original post, I'll put my para 2 and 3 entries here and get your thoughts. 

2.   It is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper of the vehicle in question however, given that the event allegedly occurred more than 5 years ago, the identity of the driver is not known. No photographic evidence to the driver’s identity or any breach has been established by the Claimant.

3.   The Defendant acknowledges that the location in question is recognised as a local retail park but is not able to confirm or deny parking there. No breach is stated on the Particulars, which are embarrassing. 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    ...but the Defendant is not able to confirm or deny parking there.  No breach is stated on the Particulars, which are embarrassing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ...but the Defendant is not able to confirm or deny parking there.  No breach is stated on the Particulars, which are embarrassing.
    Ah, I see! I thought that was just a personal aside from you :wink:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2023 at 1:43PM
    Not at all - and the word 'embarrassing' has a meaning you may not have known:

https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/28492/legal-meaning-of-embarrassing

As it says there, the definition in Bullen and Leake (ed. Jacob LJ) is that an embarrassing pleading is “one which is ambiguous or unintelligible [...] which may involve expenses, trouble and delay and thus will prejudice the fair trial of the action...” 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ...but the Defendant is not able to confirm or deny parking there.  No breach is stated on the Particulars, which are embarrassing.
    Hey Coupon-mad with these changes applied to my defence, does that mean i'm ready to start reading bargepoles post and submit according to KeithP's guidance?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, you are not the first person to receive a second identical Claim Form.

Yesterday I wrote on another thread...
    KeithP said:
    If it's just a second copy of exactly the same Claim Form then, other than possible confusion, I cannot see what harm can be done.

Maybe a phone call on Monday to the County Court Business Centre - number on the Claim Form - to express your concerns would be a good idea.

• Okay! Defence has now been filed and I'm now waiting on the Directions Questionnaire.

Quick point/question to make as I've searched and not found the answer nor the thread referenced by many.

For the new N180 form, I'm assuming I should answer "Yes" to D1 and hope for an Oral hearing?

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 1 March 2023 at 3:28PM
    Okay! Defence has now been filed and I'm now waiting on the Directions Questionnaire.

Quick point/question to make as I've searched and not found the answer nor the thread referenced by many.

For the new N180 form, I'm assuming I should answer "Yes" to D1 and hope for an Oral hearing?

Absolutely NOT!!! Read this post for advice:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/79482348/#Comment_79482348
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Okay! Defence has now been filed and I'm now waiting on the Directions Questionnaire.

Did you add the template defence additional paragraphs to the two you've shown us above, plus @Coupon-mad's suggestions?  Did you email it to the CCBC as a pdf file?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • B789 said:

Phew, glad I checked, thanks!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family